 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 617 (-20)
  Re: Warning! This post praises MegaBloks...

Dave, I can see thsi piece breaking. You'd have to see it to fully understand, but I'll try to explain. The MB equivilant to to the 1x2 technic hole piece is a little different. In TLG's piece, you can fit the _small_ end into the hole and have it (...) (24 years ago, 6-Nov-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Clones Database (was Re: MB sightings)

(...) but (...) Blimey, I make a humorous off-the-cuff comment in the Australia newsgroup and next thing I know it's all set to become World War 3 in other groups. Perhaps we should put a warning on the Australian newsgroup along the following lines (...) (24 years ago, 6-Nov-00, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.db.scans)

  Re: Clones Database (was Re: MB sightings)

(...) personally, I think there's no room for such a DB on lugnet. If you want to start up your own DB offsite, then perhaps Todd would put a link from off-topic.clones to your DB - but I don't think it should be on site. (24 years ago, 6-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.db.scans)

  Re: Are you paying attention, LEGO?

Yep, my first bulk purchase was in the late 70s, so I was around 10 at the time. I still have a couple of accessory packs from that purchase, still unopened ;-) (...) -- Tom Stangl ***(URL) Visual FAQ home ***(URL) Bay Area DSMs (24 years ago, 6-Nov-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Are you paying attention, LEGO?

In lugnet.general, Kerry Raymond writes: (snip) (...) My first bulk purchase was in 1986 or so, and was from the UK. Sampsonite here had a crummy selection!. I got, IIRC, 25 quid worth of lego, including the (brand new) double acting pnumatics, and (...) (24 years ago, 6-Nov-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Clones Database (was Re: MB sightings)

(...) This seems like an unnecessarily severe attitude to take. I say we should have both a Tyco and a Mega Bloks clones database link from at least the off- topic clone-brands section of Lugnet. If one is interested one can find it; if one is not (...) (24 years ago, 6-Nov-00, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.db.scans)

  Re: Warning! This post praises MegaBloks...

(...) When I finished building the MB USS Kittyhawk (aircraft carrier), I found I had over 60 unused pieces of all shapes and sizes spread over a number of plastic bags (so there is no question of getting an accidental extra whole bag of parts). (...) (24 years ago, 6-Nov-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Gender-changing plates -- in new MegaBlocks sets?

(...) There are about a dozen or so in the USS Kitthawk aircraft carrier. All light grey in colour (like most of that set). Kerry (24 years ago, 6-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Are you paying attention, LEGO?

(...) of (...) LEGO (...) are! True, many AFOLs are buying Lego on-line but they are probably a group well-suited to e-tailing. Why? AFOLs will usually know exactly what they want to buy -- they know they want Lego, they know they want certain (...) (24 years ago, 6-Nov-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Are you paying attention, LEGO?

(...) But it also depends on having people unload the cartons, unpack the cartons, put the unit packages (which are higher-priced because they have to have "eye appeal") on shelves that mostly have to be located in high-rent districts so they're (...) (24 years ago, 5-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Are you paying attention, LEGO?

(...) Whatever TLC are doing, they are obviously basing it on a 'More Sales; policy by following proven lines (quick-fix excitement for kids with the Juniorisation to compete with lesser quality ready-made toys). Yes, this sells right now, but when (...) (24 years ago, 4-Nov-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Are you paying attention, LEGO?

(...) He's not wacking hard enough...seen the POOPS in the new shuttle? (24 years ago, 2-Nov-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Are you paying attention, LEGO?

I don't know what YOU eat, but MY dishwater doesn't end up Lego dark grey ;-) (...) -- | Tom Stangl, Technical Support Netscape Communications Corp | Please do not associate my personal views with my employer (24 years ago, 1-Nov-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

"Dave Schuler" <orrex@excite.com> wrote in message news:G3D163.K3D@lugnet.com... (...) just (...) be (...) have (...) I agree wholeheartedly with that statement. I'm certainly loyal to the brand - but if it comes to the point I'll only be loyal to (...) (24 years ago, 1-Nov-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Are you paying attention, LEGO?

(...) Wow, right on. Except for the hope Ritvik buys out TLC, I totally agree. (...) I have to smile, because I thought of Mega Bloks the first time I saw the Statue of Liberty. Not only did the color remind me of Mega Bloks, but so was the abundant (...) (24 years ago, 2-Nov-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Are you paying attention, LEGO?

(...) snip... Sort of like those tall Mega Blok buckets on sale for $8 at Shopko? I like those tall buckets, and some of those colors. The lids with their studs are also useful. IMO, Ritvik is trying harder to make customers happy than TLC. If they (...) (24 years ago, 2-Nov-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Are you paying attention, LEGO?

[Trimmed ng list lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands] (...) Heck, if Dave isn't clear, I will be: I'm a consumer. I will go with the best product. The company does not matter. My personal feelings are with TLC -- I want them to be, and remain, the best. (...) (24 years ago, 1-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Are you paying attention, LEGO?

(...) I can't speak for Dave!, but "I" am of this mindset. As long as the product is quality 99% of the time, I don't care who wins this struggle for marketshare. But more to the point -- why should the average consumer care? And I assure you that (...) (24 years ago, 1-Nov-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Are you paying attention, LEGO?

(...) I certainly don't want MegaBloks to take over the whole market, but I just as certainly don't mind their presence in it, if only as a warning against complacency. In addition, my brand loyalty (or anyone else's) shouldn't be taken for granted, (...) (24 years ago, 1-Nov-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Are you paying attention, LEGO?

(...) But it's "Bard" backwards! ;-) "Earth Tones" sounds a lot better! :-) --Todd (24 years ago, 1-Nov-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact