 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 2687 (-10)
  Re: New Cobi/Best-Lock

(...) I agree! I was afraid that they'd go for the Best-Lock proportions of two-plates:one-brick or, even worse, the 6:5 Best-Lock:LEGO brick-height ratio. I'm glad that they sensibly stuck with Cobi's existing proportions. (...) I'm very fond of (...) (18 years ago, 20-Apr-06, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Re: New Cobi/Best-Lock

(...) Excellent price to peice ratio. (...) Sweet. (...) Super sweet. Personally I prefer the more generic interchangable parts figs to the super detailed sculpting of Megabloks. (though admittedly it allowed some cool things like Ninja Turtles) (...) (18 years ago, 20-Apr-06, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Re: New Cobi/Best-Lock

(...) Okay, I picked up a set. It was $29.99 for 1000 pieces in, frankly, a box that's much larger than necessary. Since it's throwaway cardboard, I admit that this makes me a little uneasy. Perhaps future sets will be more parsimonious in their use (...) (18 years ago, 19-Apr-06, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Re: New Cobi/Best-Lock

(...) Interesting news! I'll take a look around the stores near Pittsburgh, PA. I know that at least the two local TRU's stock "classic" Best-Lock, so maybe they'll carry this new stuff. Thanks for the heads up! Dave! (18 years ago, 19-Apr-06, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  New Cobi/Best-Lock

I saw some new military bucket sets at the Concord, NH Toys 'R' Us this weekend & they had the Cobi logo & the Best-Lock logos. I did not buy any so I don't know if the pieces are of the 'old' Best-Lock proportions, or more like Lego. From the (...) (18 years ago, 19-Apr-06, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  FS: one box of Elgo 'American Bricks'

A few days ago a friend of mine called and told me he had discovered a box of plastic bricks while cleaning out a storage shed and wondered if I wanted them. My first assumption was that they would be old CA LEGO bricks. Upon collecting them, I was (...) (18 years ago, 9-Apr-06, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  LEQU: Profitable Intelligence Toy

(2 URLs) There is tiny object inside.> (URL) [ j o n ] (URL) [ z e m i d o t n e t ]> :: creations :: moonbase :: shipyard (18 years ago, 7-Apr-06, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Whoops!

(...) Well, that postscript was doubly dumb, wasn't it? Who's the current pooh-bah with the magical "cancel" power? Dave! (18 years ago, 6-Apr-06, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Neat-o!

I don't exactly cling to the literal interpretation of scripture, but (URL) is still fascinating to me! Dave! (It's in OT.Debate because lots of religious discussions wind up here anyway...) (18 years ago, 6-Apr-06, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Re: Trouble with Bloks forum?

(...) Look, are you insinuating something? Oh, nooooo, nooo, no. Yes. Is your wife... a goer? Eh? Know what I mean? Know what I mean? Wink. Wink. Nudge. Nudge. Say no more! JOHN (19 years ago, 22-Mar-06, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact