 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 2477 (-20)
  Re: Moonbase Connector (Purists beware!)

(...) Thanks, Adrian! Dave! (20 years ago, 18-Mar-05, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Moonbase Connector (Purists beware!)

(...) Yes, the standard used to be 8 bricks high, but was changed to 10 to provide more clearance for trains and monorails to go under moonbase connections. Adrian (20 years ago, 18-Mar-05, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Moonbase Connector (Purists beware!)

(...) I built this connector a long time ago and never got around to designing the base that's supposed to be attached to it. Anyway, do I remember correctly that the Moonbase Module standards were changed a while back? I seem to recall that floor (...) (20 years ago, 18-Mar-05, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  CG Batman film using virtual LEGO (was: CG Batman Film using non-LEGO)

(...) I'm glad you posted this as I've been thinking of doing the same but couldn't decide if it should go anywhere other than .clone-brands. That being said because of your question below (and my answer to it) I'm going to cross-post this to (...) (20 years ago, 18-Mar-05, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.animation, lugnet.general)

  Re: CG Batman Film using non-LEGO

(...) Thanks for posting this link. A little bird told me about the film, but I didn't think to link to it here for some reason. I wish my work computer had Quicktime, because I still haven't been able to view the movie! (...) MegaBloks doesn't make (...) (20 years ago, 18-Mar-05, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: CG Batman Film using non-LEGO

My understanding was that they rendered Lego elements to build the sets out of, and then used the C3 Batman as the main character. Jon (...) (20 years ago, 18-Mar-05, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  CG Batman Film using non-LEGO

(URL) wonderful little CG movie. I don't know how the students got Adam West, DVD, et. al, to do the film, but it was really well done, and the voices were wonderful. Anyway, I've also uploaded the movie to my webserver, so if the website link above (...) (20 years ago, 18-Mar-05, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: review: Chinese "Bricks" military sets

(...) Hello Arne! Thank you for the thorough review. I have very little exposure to this brand of bricks, and I appreciate any info I can get. I’m particularly interested in the 10x20 plates. Are they the same height as LEGO plates? And do they have (...) (20 years ago, 18-Mar-05, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  review: Chinese "Bricks" military sets

Hi, As a Dane I am of course an avid protector of the LEGO brand, but never the less I have occasionally strayed into the clone worlds ( I have a number of MegaBloks dragon sets, and like them a lot - not the dragons, but the bricks). My latest (...) (20 years ago, 18-Mar-05, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: MOC: Apocryphal Blacktron Mech

(...) Inspired by Mark Walsh's very nice (URL) Desperado,> I thought I'd take a swipe at another Apocryphal Blacktron mech. I haven't seen much by Mark here on LUGNET, but his folder is well worth browsing for some cool variations on Space themes. I (...) (20 years ago, 14-Mar-05, to lugnet.space, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Re: Cool new Lego sculptures at ToysRUs.... Wait a minute, is that?!?!?

(...) Well, I can't speak with any certainty of Mega Blocks parts, since I have NO idea what they make one way or the other.... But I CAN tell you that Lego doesn't use non standard parts (well, not anymore). The last year I was at the park, the (...) (20 years ago, 10-Mar-05, to lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Cool new Lego sculptures at ToysRUs.... Wait a minute, is that?!?!?

(...) Was it this one by any chance? (URL) can't tell from the picture what the non-released parts might be, but I'll take your word for it. I was in NYC in February 2002 but I can't remember the displays all that well. A big dragon is the only (...) (20 years ago, 10-Mar-05, to lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Cool new Lego sculptures at ToysRUs.... Wait a minute, is that?!?!?

(...) Nice photo. The warrior is new style, but that TRU had a life-size bronze knight sculpture from the first wave of Dragons (2002). When I saw it, my first thought was: just like Lego, they've built it entirely from parts that have never been (...) (20 years ago, 10-Mar-05, to lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: 2005 Toy Fair pics for Megabloks

(...) I'm not necessarily bothered by specialized elements (and I have long argued that anyone interested in LEGO trains CAN NOT be bothered by specialized elements), but mostly I'm bothered that the Megabloks elements don't fit stylistically with (...) (20 years ago, 8-Mar-05, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: 2005 Toy Fair pics for Megabloks

(...) Ah--now I get it. And I guess it's true; a bunch of people in ot.clones have lamented the over-specialization of elements in the Dragons line. Heck(1), I myself have griped about the difficulty of LDraw-rendering all of those faux wood-grain (...) (20 years ago, 8-Mar-05, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: 2005 Toy Fair pics for Megabloks

(...) (URL) this link,> exactly as I'd hoped. (...) (URL) deck rats!> I first thought that those barrels are the same as the (...) There is a difference between those older sets and the current sets though. The older sets LOOK like a construction (...) (20 years ago, 8-Mar-05, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: 2005 Toy Fair pics for Megabloks

(...) The hull is sectional, as can be seen in the instruction for the Man O' War 9895 that appears to use the same hull design: (URL) the moment I can't seem to find the post in which you criticized LEGO for having similarly modular Pirate (...) (20 years ago, 8-Mar-05, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: 2005 Toy Fair pics for Megabloks

(...) (URL) this link,> exactly as I'd hoped. (...) (URL) deck rats!> I first thought that those barrels are the same as the (...) Hmm, looks like a stylized plastic model with a few studs. MEGABLOKS are looking less and less like a construction (...) (20 years ago, 8-Mar-05, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: The Confounding Nega-Bloktrix

In lugnet.gaming.brikwars, Mike Rayhawk wrote: ... (...) (URL) Her nemesis.> -Suz (20 years ago, 7-Mar-05, to lugnet.gaming.brikwars, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Re: The Confounding Nega-Bloktrix

Ho ho... I love getting my LUGNET delivered by e-mail. If someone were to cancel a post, say Suz for example, I still get it, thus alleviating any sense of mystery. And may I add, that was just wrong, wrong, WRONG! :) -Evil Wayne (20 years ago, 7-Mar-05, to lugnet.gaming.brikwars, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact