 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 2373
Re: MegaBlocks Snoopy and Woodstock set?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands
Date:
Wed, 17 Nov 2004 17:07:30 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Richard Marchetti wrote:
In lugnet.market.shopping, Raymond Flournoy writes:
I would still like to see this in person in a brick-and-mortar store first,
though.  Any info?  Anyone?

I saw it at TRU today.  I think it was $25 or $30.  The only unusual pieces I
could detect from the box was my favorite megabloks hinge piece in white -- it
is used to angle Snoopy's eyes-- and there is some use of angled bricks
peculiar to megabloks that are being used as Woodstock's head feathers (but I
figure there is a suitable Lego analogue for this part anyway, probably steep
yellow slopes as found in some pirate sets). Otherwise, it looks like you
could model this easily enough in Lego provided you had the necessary bricks.

Hi Hop-Frog!
   In my quest to find out more about this set, which I have never seen in
person, I stumbled upon the instructions scanned online:
http://festum.de/1000steine/myimages/Snoopy-und-Woodstock

MegaBloks offers many of their sets' instructions online at
http://www.megabloks.com, but I'm not aware of any formal policy statement by
MegaBloks re: distribution of homemade instruction scans.

Dave!