 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 225
  Mega-Blocks - a new experience

I recently returned from a visit in CA (had a great time, thanks for asking :) in which, among other things, I visited my uncle + aunt + two younger cousins. The older of them had a lego bucket in her room, or so it seemed. Upon closer inspection, I (...) (25 years ago, 31-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Mega-Blocks - a new experience

(...) Because in some cases they are REALLY cool! And as time passes they are getting better. And you can really stock up on bricks in many colors and even trans elements for cheap. Here in the Bay Area it is my observation that the shelves were (...) (25 years ago, 31-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Mega-Blocks - a new experience

(...) That's my experince, too. I have tried MegaBloks, Cuboville, and Byggis, and I also have a Tyco phone. IMO, MegaBloks are least compatible, Tyco a little better, and Byggis and Cuboville are closest to the Real Thing. I also have a lot of (...) (25 years ago, 3-Jan-00, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Mega-Blocks - a new experience

(...) I've been lucky, then, because I've built the newer Battleship and Desert Assault (whatever it's called) by MegaBloks, and I've found the brick grip- strength sufficient to lift each entire model by a single 2x4 brick's attachment. (...) (...) (25 years ago, 4-Jan-00, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)