 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 2069
2068  |  2070
Subject:
Shamefully vague product sightings
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands
Date:
Tue, 20 Jan 2004 19:41:31 GMT

Really poor detail follows, but on the assumption that any bit of info is helpful, here goes:

I’ve spotted a new Power Rangers figure at my local Target. It’s about 9 inches tall and uses ball-and-socket joints like Gyrofighters and the Rangers’ Megazord set currently on the shelves. I’ve only spotted the Red Ranger in this scale, @ $9.99. I’m not too interested because it doesn’t appear to have much versatility of use in other building projects.

A local Wal*Mart also had a minifig-scale Power Ranger set with a single figure on a robotized Tyrannosaur. Here’s a picture of it, though I can’t remember the price. Thanks to Kevin Johnston for the original link.

Also, Wal*Mart had the new ProBuilder Rally Car on the shelf for about $10. Lots of specialized (i.e., Juniorized) body elements, but there seem to be some good parts overall. I like the wheels and tires especially.

Of particular interest were the pics of forthcoming ProBuilder sets on the back of the box, including a nice looking A-10 Warthog and a kind of speedboat/hydroplane thing. The pictures were very small, but the models look good and probably include new canopy elements and possibly new engine pieces.

If I pick up the Rally Car I’ll post a pic of the box, but I’m not sure when I’ll get back to W*M.

Dave!