 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 2085
Re: Shamefully vague product sightings
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands
Date:
Fri, 23 Jan 2004 19:10:24 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, Dave Schuler wrote:
   Really poor detail follows, but on the assumption that any bit of info is helpful, here goes:

Here’s some detail on other sets I’ve spotted:

Red Ranger on Tyrannosaurus

Blue Ranger on Triceratops

Yellow Ranger on Pteranodon

and I purchased the Black Ranger on Velociraptor. I notice, looking at these images, that the assortment of pieces appears to differ from what I saw on the shelves at Wal*Mart. Specifically, the Velociraptor included parts for a kind of computer/weapons vehicle on two wheels, rather than the 8x8 plate and foliage shown in the image. Not sure what the difference signifies, if anything.

I’m not a big fan of the Power Rangers, but I’m always in the market for cool new parts, and there are some to be found here. The Velociraptor includes two new treaded wheels and a new 2x2 turntable plate, as well as a decent selection of other, pre-existing elements. MSRP is about $6.00, I believe, but the Wal*Mart price was $5.64 or thereabouts.

Thanks again to Kevin Johnston for providing the original link!

Dave!