 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 2047
Re: New MEGABLOKS items
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands
Date:
Tue, 30 Dec 2003 18:57:50 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, Dave Schuler wrote:
Thoughts?  I find the whole Thunderbirds vibe to be extremely creepy in some
way, not unlike a ventriloquist's dummy.  I note with interest that these
sets seem to include very old MEGABLOKS elements (the foliage from those
Dinosaur sets circa 1993) as well as new parts, including the new LEGO-style
minifigs (albeit with weird, extra-large heads.)

I haven't seen these sets anywhere in the US, nor even a mention of them.
Has anyone else spotted them or information about them?

FYI Hobby Link Japan (www.hlj.com) has them for sale.  I have a set ordered, but
they haven't arrived yet.

MB has an Ultraman license in Japan as well (I ordered a couple of those, too),
and their Power Ranger sets are onto the next theme over there (dinosaur-ish
designs ... Power Rangers typically air in Japan a year ahead of where the US
series is.  If the MB Ninja Storm sets did well at all here [I have no idea] the
Dino Thunder sets will appear in the US for 2004.).

Kevin