 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 2057 (-10)
  Here is what Megabloks sold in 1988

Taken from an old 1988 christmas catalog I dug from my parents' basement. The catalog is from a defunct canadian company (Distribution aux Consommateurs). Big, basic baby blocks. Interesting to note that Fisher Price had its own "Construx" line back (...) (21 years ago, 7-Jan-04, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Apocryphal tribute

(...) (URL) Here's> an additional vehicle in the spirit of the tribue contest (though not intended as an official submission). Thanks again for looking. Feedback is much appreciated. Dave! FUT OT.Clones (21 years ago, 5-Jan-04, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: DC licenses Art Asylum to make Batman/JLA construction sets

(...) They are roughly the size of Kubricks, i.e. a little bigger than standard mini-fig size. (...) Play Along Toys is affiliated (in what fashion, I don't know) with Art Asylum, which is the principal manfacturer of the figures (and presumably the (...) (21 years ago, 5-Jan-04, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: DC licenses Art Asylum to make Batman/JLA construction sets

(...) I'd say the pictures of just figs are real, but the other two are rendered. It looks like the figs are full-size human figures in the same scale as the dwarven Lego minifigs. Or perhaps a bit bigger? The Batman city image (lower left) looks (...) (21 years ago, 4-Jan-04, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  DC licenses Art Asylum to make Batman/JLA construction sets

(URL) came out yesterday. From the pictures they look like a cross between Kubrick and Belville styled figs, at least joint wise. Looking at some of the (1) images with bricks and pieces, it would appear they're making them at least somewhat (...) (21 years ago, 3-Jan-04, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Apocryphal tribute

Hi all: I didn't know Travis Kunce well, but we exchanged posting once or twice, and I share the view of pretty much everyone on LUGNET that he was a good guy who will be missed. In the spirit of the Hovercar tribute contest, I thought I'd submit (...) (21 years ago, 2-Jan-04, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Any finds at Target?

(...) In the Bay Area, I've been to 4 Target store, and gotten some good deals, and passed up some OK ones. Hellfire droids are down to $34.22, only found 1 AT-TE and bought it. Lots of pod racers minis at $2.68 One store had a few hockey sets on (...) (21 years ago, 1-Jan-04, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: New MEGABLOKS items

(...) LOL! Glad to provide some entertainment. I actually tried to post this link about a month ago when I first saw the sets, but Lugnet emitted some strange error on me when I posted, and I let it slide until I saw your message. (...) No problem - (...) (21 years ago, 1-Jan-04, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  While I'm at it, here's a nice feature on the MEGABLOKS site

On the (URL) MEGABLOKS> website, PDF-format instructions are now available for download (URL). Nifty, and handy! Dave! (21 years ago, 30-Dec-03, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Re: New MEGABLOKS items

(...) Hi Kevin: Thanks a ton for this link. I'll spend a chunk of my afternoon browsing through the pictures, almost all of which are completely new to me! Would you mind revealing how long ago you ordered or what the shipping costs were? The actual (...) (21 years ago, 30-Dec-03, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact