 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 2008
2007  |  2009
Subject:
MEGA Bloks Net Earnings Up 22%
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands
Date:
Thu, 30 Oct 2003 21:22:37 GMT

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/031030/mo153_1.html

I went into TRU the other day, and I was surprised at how much competition
there is in the building toys category.

The TRU here in Media, PA has had a minor revamp in the Lego & contraction
toys area. K'Nex are across the aisle from LEGO. There are now entire
shelves of the Hasbro "Built To Rule" sets. When these first started
trickling in, they were mixed in with LEGO or in the GI JOE section.

And MEGA Bloks has a very large, impressive display of their Dragons /
Vikings line. The display has all the sets assembled and laid out in a giant
fantasy battle under a clear plastic dome. Wal-Mart stores have a similar
setup, but it is just an end cap display with the Viking ship assembled.

The MEGA Blok displays are really eye catching and probably get the 10 year
old boys more excited than the Lego Harry Potter & World City sets. I spent
several minutes checking it out.

The MEGA Bloks and Hasbro products look like they are bearing down on LEGO
in the marketplace.

"We don't do MEGA Bloks." says my wife.

Bryan