 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 2013
Re: MEGA Bloks Net Earnings Up 22%
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands
Date:
Fri, 31 Oct 2003 04:35:44 GMT

In lugnet.general, Larry Pieniazek wrote:
In lugnet.general, Bryan Kinkel wrote:
http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/031030/mo153_1.html

Wow... those numbers are very backloaded. You expect to see backloading for 4th
quarter but their 3rd quarter sales are about the same as 1st and 2nd put
together. I did not know that.

For a toy company it used to be typical for Q1-Q3 to be small compared to Q4.
Maybe they are getting paid earlier, or maybe people were buying a lot more this
quarter. Another factor is how fast the product cycle is becoming. Anyone notice
that Megabloks went back and re-designed all the Dragons sets since Toy Faire?
That's like 3 generations of Dragons in just about a year.