 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 1982 (-20)
  new Mega Bloks

@ W*M in Claremont, NH, I saw a red indy car- slightly larger than minifig scale. It comes with a torso & head/helmet piece for the driver, & comes with a red race helmet keychain. it was in the same spot as the green & yellow dirt bikes & is about (...) (21 years ago, 30-Sep-03, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Promoblock

(...) Thanks for the link! Am I seeing these correctly? They appear to be Duplo-sized, which I guess would allow larger printing but is kind of a bummer for building in minifig scale. Any guesses on the brick-source? Judging from the stud height, (...) (21 years ago, 29-Sep-03, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Promoblock

Found this clone while googling for real-life bricks. (I've graduated from Toys R Us to Home Depot.) These guys write your message in parts (up to 11 bricks) and package it as a promo item. (URL) is one of a staggering array of things they will (...) (21 years ago, 28-Sep-03, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: New "stone" brick sizes in Dragons sets.

Found the Fire Mountain set at Target today. On sale for 14.99. They also had Sea Dragon for the same price. George (21 years ago, 26-Sep-03, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Making Progress

One thing that's been plaguing me re: clone renderings is the lack of LDraw-rendered MEGABLOKS faces. For a while I'd resigned myself to using blank yellow heads on the MB figures, and more recently I'd begun including inlined POV-Ray code that (...) (21 years ago, 22-Sep-03, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Re: Does anybody know about this set?

(...) Could it be a fake of some kind? The word mobil is written exactly like mobil in Playmobil in their early logo. WARNING! Playmobil-link: (URL) company behind Playmobil actually did produce plastic toys before they made their first figure sets (...) (21 years ago, 19-Sep-03, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Does anybody know about this set?

(...) I'd say it's a clone, either Tyco or Choko, can't quite make out the logo from here: (URL) not an official LEGO model AFAIK and the instructions don't make sence if it's a promotion item? XFUT: lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands (21 years ago, 19-Sep-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: New "stone" brick sizes in Dragons sets.

(...) Vorgan tins now available at Target (Orlando, FL at least). I picked up 4 yesterday. I was also able to find the Daigar (sp?) Castle at a local Walmart for about $77 this weekend. Wish I had room at the house to set all of these up at the same (...) (21 years ago, 18-Sep-03, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Massive sale on clone brands at KB Toys

(...) Thanks for clearing that up, Dave! If that amount was in Mexican Pesos I might actually have to go get a copy of it. It certainly has a lot of pieces and it looks good on the box too. I do really like building things out of lots of relatively (...) (21 years ago, 18-Sep-03, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Massive sale on clone brands at KB Toys

(...) Of course it's a typo. The actual price is $934.99. Sorry for any confusion. Dave! (21 years ago, 18-Sep-03, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: What is this part?

(...) That would be perfect. Thanks. Mike (!) (21 years ago, 17-Sep-03, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Massive sale on clone brands at KB Toys

(...) Yeah, but Lar, if you have seen the set you know it's a bargain on sale. The Cadillac of the Skies, Baby! But since we all know that clone sets just fall apart and aren't worth even a penny...I give you this: (URL) -- Hop-Frog (21 years ago, 17-Sep-03, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Re: What is this part?

(...) Hey Mike, I just found a dozen or so red ones in my box of "random" MB parts. Want me to bring you some this weekend, say as trade for those two Lego tan half-arches? :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) (21 years ago, 17-Sep-03, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Massive sale on clone brands at KB Toys

(...) You're insane, Dave! I can't even think of a LEGO set that (while it's still in current production) is worth almost 400 USD. Not even the ISD. But you think a MB set is? That's crazy! (Ok, OK, I know, that was a typo) (21 years ago, 17-Sep-03, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: What is this part?

(...) I think Mike's just fallen victim to the old "the first one's free" gambit.. ;p James (21 years ago, 16-Sep-03, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: What is this part?

(...) Glad to be of help. And allow me to use this occasion to welcome you to the world of clone-fandom! You'll be eagerly purchasing clone brands before you know it. Dave! (21 years ago, 16-Sep-03, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: What is this part?

(...) Thanks for the info. MB. Hmmmmmmm. Mike (21 years ago, 16-Sep-03, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: What is this part?

(...) They're MEGABLOKS, or at least they look exactly like a MEGABLOKS element. I have that same part in red, yellow, and pink. They came in 400-count bulk buckets a few years ago. (...) Don't fight it--you'll only make it worse. Dave! (21 years ago, 16-Sep-03, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  What is this part?

I don't think its Lego as there is no part number but the plastic feels of a higher quality than most clones. (URL) really like them so I hope they are Lego. I might even consider using them as clones as long as I have some kind of de-contamination (...) (21 years ago, 16-Sep-03, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Massive sale on clone brands at KB Toys

These don't appear to be mirrored on the KBToys website, or at least not at the same level of clearance. My local store has most of the Alien Agency line on at least 50% discount, as well as a few Blok-Bots. The ProBuilder Mustang, which originally (...) (21 years ago, 12-Sep-03, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact