 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 1877 (-10)
  Re: A serious clone question

(...) Yes to the question I didn't snip. Sorry if that was unclear. Snipped further for excessive clarity. (21 years ago, 18-Aug-03, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Re: A serious clone question

(...) I agree with James here. Richard, I don't read posts in the Clickits or Znap forums. Nor do I read the ones in off-topic.clone. That's why I think this website ought to be about LEGO. If it was about building bricks, I'd have to scan through (...) (21 years ago, 18-Aug-03, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.general)

  Re: A serious clone question

(...) No, of course you don't need to take sides. To me, there are 2 separate issues here: 1-Was my answer to the theorical question from David stated in an offensive way towards anyone? 2-Was Hop-Frog's comments abusive? This IS a storm in a glass (...) (21 years ago, 18-Aug-03, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Re: A serious clone question

(...) "Yes" to what question? In that despite whatever Terry may have said, almost no one makes a fuss about non-lego bricks? I understand the sequence of the fuss, which honestly, is neither here nor there to me. (...) I'm saying does a side need (...) (21 years ago, 18-Aug-03, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Re: A serious clone question

(...) Yes, IMHO. Dave asked 'anyone mind if I post clone MOC's to announce.moc, Terry said 'I do' and Richard said 'that's wrong' to Terry. They proceeded to spar, with occaisonal comments from the peanut gallery, like me. Lugnet is mildly biased (...) (21 years ago, 18-Aug-03, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Re: A serious clone question

(...) I can't say that I recall anyone at any time every complaining about anything because it was 100% non-Lego on the Pirates board, much less some small percentage. For that matter, no complaints come to mind on the Castle board. Is this just a (...) (21 years ago, 18-Aug-03, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Re: A serious clone question

(...) I don't think this is a really valid argument in this discussion, because the same people would probably object to clone brands displayed at Brickfest, Brickswest, etc, and probably dislike clone brands on Brickshelf, all of which have "Brick" (...) (21 years ago, 18-Aug-03, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Re: A serious clone question

(...) Rabble-rouser. :) I don't necessarily disagree, but I think that if you're going to re-open that can of worms, it's probably best to try and engage the admins about it, or more of the community at large. Hence the cross-post. James (21 years ago, 18-Aug-03, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: A serious clone question

What I find interesting about that old thread is the importance of basic brick compatibility to most of the users. Given that criteria, why is there a newsgroup for Clickits -- I mean, except for the fact that TLC manufactures it? Maybe the subject (...) (21 years ago, 18-Aug-03, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Re: A serious clone question

(...) Feh! What does this "Todd" person know about LUGNET, anyway? Dave! (21 years ago, 18-Aug-03, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact