 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 1690
Re: New ProBuilder Set?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands
Date:
Wed, 2 Apr 2003 19:13:28 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, Richard Marchetti writes:
In lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, Dave Schuler writes:
Not my auction, and I won't be bidding.  I've never seen this set at a
retailer, nor in any MegaBloks catalog.  Mysterious!

I have either seen these in the flesh or seen them in a catalogue. I guess I
assumed you knew about them.

[The Great Clone Hoax day 30]

  I snagged one on Ebay last year, but that's the only place I've found it
(which is exactly *one* more source than I've found for another alleged
clone product...).  It's a pretty good design, using almost exclusively
basic elements.  No unique elements except for an opaque yellow 4x2x2 curved
windscreen and an 8L axle.
  Does anyone else lament the fact that the White House model never saw the
light of day?  I used to have a catalog with a picture of it, but a recent
search of my inventory was unsuccessful.

     Dave!