 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 1249
Re: New ProBuilder Set?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands
Date:
Mon, 15 Apr 2002 15:18:52 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, Dave Schuler writes:
I just saw this auction on eBay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=572989603
It's not mine, and I don't know the seller, so I'm not soliciting bids in any
way.  I haven't seen this set previously--does anyone know about it?  As of
noon EDT Sunday the "click for larger image" links weren't working, so I can't
give any more detail than what you see.

  I finally nabbed one of these!  The set builds a front-end loader and a
dumptruck, both of them sort of to minifig scale for huge, construction-site
vehicles, and in that way more satisfying than the miniscule dumptrucks
offered by another brick brand...
  Unfortunately the ebay lot was missing a few pieces, such as an odd length
axle and a few slope pieces, but the set was generally intact.  So far I've
only had time to build the dumptruck, but the set includes enough bricks to
build both vehicles at the same time.  Anyway, the set design is really
cool, and the dumptruck provides a real sense of mass.  I'll post a scan of
the cover and maybe a POV-Ray shot of the model once I've rendered it.

     Dave!