 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 1356
    Re: LEGO parts -- genuine? —Clark Stephens
   Liz, I've cross-posted this to the clone brands subgroup of Lugnet, where you'll get people much more knowledgable of the similarities & differences between Lego and other manufacturers. There are no stupid questions, although finding the answers (...) (22 years ago, 22-Jul-02, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.robotics)

        Re: LEGO parts -- genuine? —Simon Gammon
   Whilst on the subject of Lego / not Lego, I have a question. I have recently bought at a boot fair a bag of Lego, most appearing to be the same era as the stuff I have from childhood, c 1970's. A fair bit of the Lego is obviously different though. (...) (22 years ago, 22-Jul-02, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

        Re: LEGO parts -- genuine? —Pedro Silva
     (...) Do you have a possibility to take a snapshot of the parts? I would be inclined to think they may be parts from the 50's, not in ABS but in acetate. The molds were different then, and the logo was slightly different too. I cannot be sure of (...) (22 years ago, 22-Jul-02, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

        Re: LEGO parts -- genuine? —Clark Stephens
   Simon, What you have is Lego made from Cellulose Acetate (or CA). That is a kind of plastic that Lego used until 1963. After that, they switched to ABS still in use today. The descriptions you use are classic CA. The color is lighter. It warps (...) (22 years ago, 25-Jul-02, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

        Re: LEGO parts -- genuine? —Simon Gammon
   I was going to take a couple of shots and stick them on my web site as suggested by Pedro (thanks), but having seen Clark's site I feel there is no longer any need. The stuff I have is clearly CA and the logo in particular looks just like the (...) (22 years ago, 25-Jul-02, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)