 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 1327 (-20)
  Re: WTB: Lego and Clone Stuff (page updated -- new items and prices on page)

(...) Your images/descriptions are laudably clear. About the prices/bounties however-- are the bounties in addition to an agreed upon price between buyer and seller, or is that the total price you are willing to pay? As for unpriced items, I assume (...) (22 years ago, 24-Jun-02, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  WTB: Lego and Clone Stuff (page updated -- new items and prices on page)

Hey Y'all: I haven't always had good results posting a WTB Clone Elements list -- so right up front I want you to know that my webpage is not some difficult to understand list of descriptions -- it is loaded with images of almost every element I am (...) (22 years ago, 24-Jun-02, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Best-Lock still sucks

(...) Notice this makes the end of a Best-Lock brick 5/16" square, the same as a one-stud surface grid. If they had holes on the ends, that would make for some interesting possibilities... except I can't get excited about the colors, their gripping (...) (22 years ago, 23-Jun-02, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Best-Lock still sucks

[snip] (...) The brick & plate size thing is a little tricky. 6 Best Lock bricks is exactly the same height as 5 Lego/Mega Bloks/Tyco bricks. So if someone really wanted to they could use them together. (...) I agree with that completely. -Mike (...) (22 years ago, 23-Jun-02, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Best-Lock still sucks

(...) I swung by a Target store and couldn't resist (...) SUCKA;-) -John (22 years ago, 22-Jun-02, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Best-Lock still sucks

Hey Y'all: Before dinner last night, I swung by a Target store and couldn't resist trying out the new #3174 F-117 Nighthawk Stealth Bomber set from Best-Lock. I thought to myself that it had been two years since I tried one of their sets, and if (...) (22 years ago, 22-Jun-02, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  WTB: Clone Stuff & Clone Reference Image Announcement

Hey Y'all: A small reference image concerning the Mega Bloks (MB) and Tyco 2x2 "reverser" plates can be found at: (URL) yeah, see it and weep! And please take note that my "Feed My Black Tar Brick Habit!" page is a great reference page too -- esp. (...) (22 years ago, 21-Jun-02, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: Shifty Brick set reviews

(...) I've been mixing and matching and found the figs to be very compatible with LEGO. I bought to small pirate sets and found the figs to be as follows. HATS: Very rough. The tricorns are much flatter than the LEGO equivalent and to not have the (...) (22 years ago, 21-Jun-02, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Shifty Brick set reviews

(...) Thanks for the reviews Kerry, being a clone-dabbler myself, I will have to try and track down some in Sydney. (22 years ago, 20-Jun-02, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Shifty Brick set reviews

(...) shifty3.jpg Thanks, Ross. If you look at shifty3.jpg, you will see the two larger sets I bought. The Gladness Homestead (3-level Paradisa house with satellite dish) is on the right on the 2nd top shelf. The unnamed castle with drawbridge and (...) (22 years ago, 20-Jun-02, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Shifty Brick set reviews

(...) (URL) has some pictures of the boxes - the smaller sets are in shifty2.jpg, the larger ones in shifty3.jpg ROSCO (22 years ago, 19-Jun-02, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Shifty Brick set reviews

The dreaded Shifty/Brick brand has now appeared in Brisbane, Australia, spotted by a group of LUGnetters at a recent OzFest (see (URL) the interests of scientific research, informed consumerism, and saving a bit of dosh, I went along to the same (...) (22 years ago, 19-Jun-02, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Mech Pic

I've posted photos of two things I've made with the Mega-Blok joints and limbs on my web site at (URL) They're listed as "M:Tron Alien Hybrid Mecha" and "Ice Planet Stalklauncher" (not the greatest names, but oh well). (22 years ago, 19-Jun-02, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Megablocks Dragons: Sorcerer's Lair

(...) You dream about them, I keep *smelling* them. The paint and plastic is aromatic. The joints still squeak with tacky paint, surely dislodging a molecule or two into the air. Everywhere I go, I catch little whiffs of whatever is in the wind and (...) (22 years ago, 19-Jun-02, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Megablocks Dragons: Sorcerer's Lair

(...) Eric-- Thanks for posting these. I dreamed about these last night. Do the knights have helmets that can be removed, or is the head/helmet all one piece? Aaron D. (22 years ago, 18-Jun-02, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Megablocks Dragons: Sorcerer's Lair

(...) Now I know what Legos would like if McFarland toys made them. The dragon looks really cool in an action figure sort of way, but is it actually the case that it doesn't attach to the bricks or plates in any way? I have really enjoyed many of (...) (22 years ago, 17-Jun-02, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Megablocks Dragons: Sorcerer's Lair

(...) Feeling attracted yet strangely repulsed. This set reminds me of the 'Masters of the Universe' crossed with an early Arnold 'Conan' movie. (22 years ago, 17-Jun-02, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: A light-hearted jab (was Re: Megablocks Dragons)

(...) That's how the kids at school say it: Laygo (...) John Kruer (22 years ago, 17-Jun-02, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Megablocks Dragons: Sorcerer's Lair

(...) $30 for all that! While I was hoping for a Probuilder design quality castle and 'Mega Bloks dinosaur' style dragon, this is a very good second if nothing else for just the cool parts. The Dragon is way cooler looking that the Lego version. (...) (22 years ago, 17-Jun-02, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Megablocks Dragons: Sorcerer's Lair

(...) A dozen photos of the main model and some of the pieces close-up: (URL) electronic gizmo: the red gem contains a watch battery, and briefly ignites the dragon's eyes and mouth (can't tell in the flash photo.) When stolen from the dragon, it (...) (22 years ago, 17-Jun-02, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.castle)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact