 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 1325
Re: Best-Lock still sucks
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands
Date:
Sun, 23 Jun 2002 21:36:10 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, Mike Petrucelli writes:
The brick & plate size thing is a little tricky.  6 Best Lock bricks is exactly
the same height as 5 Lego/Mega Bloks/Tyco bricks.  So if someone really wanted
to they could use them together.

Notice this makes the end of a Best-Lock brick 5/16" square, the same as a
one-stud surface grid. If they had holes on the ends, that would make for
some interesting possibilities... except I can't get excited about the
colors, their gripping strength, or anything else about them.

I think at one point Best-Lock asked themselves, how can we differentiate
our clone brick? And the answer was, let's make it square-ended, with a 1/2
unit plate. Or, perhaps, they based their brick on the much much older toy
standards which Lego broke away from (integer ratios.)

-Erik