 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 121
  Lion Brand?

I found a small box of an old-looking squishy-block Lego-Clone in Goodwill. The bricks all have vertical serrations and the packaging looks as if it dates from the 60's or 70's! I'm guessing that it isn't actually that old, but I really don't know (...) (25 years ago, 28-Aug-99, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Lion Brand?

(...) Are the 2x4 bricks about 3/4 inch (1.5cm) by 1 1/2 inch (almost 4 cm) and about 1/4 inch (1 cm) high? With tiny little knobs? I used to have several of these (legacy from older siblings) mixed in with the more ancient Legos in my collection. (...) (25 years ago, 5-Nov-99, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Lion Brand?

(...) Cheers Cheese! The box contains five bricks like that, and studying them closer I noticed that one of those 2x4s has "RELIABLE [Made in Canada] EASYLOCK]" moulded into the top. They also have the rather cool brick-like serrations - ie the 2x4 (...) (25 years ago, 6-Nov-99, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)