 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 1087 (-10)
  Re: Careful what you wish for: clone LOTR blocks sighted

(...) <SNIP> In case anyone is interested, I noticed 3 or 4 of these sets at the local WM today. I think they are a new item just arrived for Christmas. Check your local WM, they may have them. Ray (23 years ago, 23-Nov-01, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: TYCO Calculator?

Cool! Never heard of the calculator before. I'd love to see a picture of it. I recall I made an mechanical addition machine for numbers up to 50 (or was it 40?) when I was in my early teens. So Tyco wasn't first. :o) BTW, I've bought an alarm clock (...) (23 years ago, 21-Nov-01, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  TYCO Calculator?

I recently acquired one of these via eBay, and I'd have to say it's every bit as cool as the legendary phone. It's in the same green-and-black scheme and has the same brick drawer for important storage. It's just a basic eight-digit display and no (...) (23 years ago, 19-Nov-01, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: LEGO in Hong Kong and China

(...) No, my memory seems to play tricks with me. I could have sworn that the Swedish word "gåshud" (litt. "goose-skin") was idiomatically translated to "duckskin", but both my dictionary and your reply prove me wrong. The only explaination I have (...) (23 years ago, 14-Nov-01, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: LEGO in Hong Kong and China

(...) Is "duckskin" Swedish for "goosebumps"? Cool!! Those shelves of bootleg classic sets looked amazing too -- I wonder what the quality of the plasic/molding is like. --DaveL (who won't say what duckskun means in New Zealander) (23 years ago, 14-Nov-01, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: The Nam-shub of Enki (was Re: One of my issues with the god of the old testament)

(...) Save early and often, Dave! It's not the law, just a good idea. (23 years ago, 14-Nov-01, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: LEGO in Hong Kong and China

(...) You mean a truly "cloned" army! The very thought makes me get duckskin. /Tore (23 years ago, 14-Nov-01, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  MegaBloks site finally updated!

They've adopted a new format, and they seem to include most of the newer sets, including the Sea Wolf but not the Mustang. Hmm... I notice that none of the MegaModelz sets are featured--I've been wondering if those might be Wal-Mart exclusives, (...) (23 years ago, 13-Nov-01, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: LEGO in Hong Kong and China

(...) I hate to say this, but massive "replica" Lego castle sets for $5? I want to go to China and build a bootleg army... (23 years ago, 13-Nov-01, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: What brand is this?

(...) I have a few of those stores in my area--I'll check their supply. (...) If you're talking about ATCO, then you're right, and one cannot say enough bad things about them. Thank you, Maggie and Aaron, for the information. I won that second (...) (23 years ago, 13-Nov-01, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact