 Model Team / 835
Re: red baron with engine
Newsgroups:
lugnet.modelteam
Date:
Fri, 28 Mar 2003 06:45:55 GMT

In lugnet.modelteam, Lars Gjerløw Jørgensen writes:
Tried to mod the red baron (10024) with an engine.
Has anyone succeeded in doing this internally?
I think it looks a bit odd this way:
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/gadooble/baron/engine.jpg

Indeed a tad odd!

After moderation:

Maybe one could do it with a micromotor - but that
will not look at all like a real plane-engine revving
up :(

Perhaps you can gear the micromotor so it makes the prop. spin fast? The prop.
moves pretty easy so it could be possible. Or if you redesign the whole
internal front you might be able to put the geared motor in there?

The big grey studs on sides 2 x 4 bricks could be replaced with something less
space consuming? I don't have the internals of the 'Baron fresh in my mind. But
try to find a way to work it in there :)

Best regards,
/Tobbe
http://www.lotek.nu
(remove SPAM when e-mailing)