 Model Team / 829
Re: Scania R144 & Nooteboom Low Loader
Newsgroups:
lugnet.modelteam
Date:
Fri, 21 Mar 2003 12:12:50 GMT

The after deck is indeed quite low. And steering the axles was a little
problem, but I didn't want to compromise there. It fits exactly and while
steering the wheels just don't touch the bodywork.

The spine floor can be disconnected from the axles lines (you mean the of
the after deck I suppose). I didn't know how this looks like or works in
real life, so I just made this possible for moving the model around in more
manageable parts. The spine floor splits with the after deck just before the
after deck begins. The connection exists of two pins.

The reason I don't build models after company ones is, that I don't have to
pay attention to color schemes and configurations. I just build what I like.
In this case that I was going to build this low loader was a fact, but the
tractor I had to choose. I wanted to build a Scania and figured the 6x4
version with R-cab wat the easiest one. About the colors. I don't have many
blue or white, so when the excavator is yellow, I have to build the tractor
and low loader in red. So when I see a nice truck from a heavy haulage
company and it isn't red, I would have a problem, which I haven't now.

See you in Geldermalsen,

Evert

PS. You forgot the link to you Scania R144 ;)
http://www.legotrucks.com/dennisbosman/no38.html