 Model Team / 759
Re: MAN in ...blue
Newsgroups:
lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic
Date:
Fri, 24 Jan 2003 20:58:56 GMT

In lugnet.modelteam, Andrea Donadello writes:
Looking for our best solution in suspension set up and drive train, to give
a system able in winnig model’s heavy weight (3,5 KG) and technic gears
friction, I realized in collaboration with my friend Fabio this MAN 33-414.

Front steering axle equipped by Ackerman correction, two rear axles with
indipendent suspension system and a simple reduction ratio
8th:24th+8th:24th+8th:24th make the vehicle able to obtain a good
performance in velocity and in the max angled steer, also

RCX , actually used mainly as receiver for Lego IR control unit, support
line-following function.

Pneumatic function about overturnable cabin (note the large opening angle)
supported by external compressor unit similar to our Actros cement mixer:

General image:

Chassis:

Cabin:

Pneumatics:

Performance:

Another little step on our big work zone technic figure scale !!!

Andrea & Fabio

Hello Andrea & Fabio,

This is a very good looking model! My compliments! Your previous truck, the
MB mixer also is a very clever truck.

I looked at the MAN pictures and saw the simple but very realistic looking
tipping mechanism. Creating that was on of the biggest hazzards to my MAN
truck. Maybe because the scale is larger (1:13, based off 24x43 wheelsm see
msg http://news.lugnet.com/modelteam/?n=746 ). But your tipper body also
looks heavy (2 studs thick). That's a typical bodywork in the southern
countries of Europe, I also saw some in Greece.

The only thing your truck misses is the loading crane ;-)

It's a shame I haven't seen your models in real life. I had the opportunity
in Zwolle last October, but I didn't went to the show. Maybe it's an idea to
show it in Geldermalsen, during the largest crane and heavy haulage model
show in Europe ;-)

Keep going and we will see more of you work in the (near) future.

Dennis Bosman