 Model Team / 753
Re: MAN in ...blue
Newsgroups:
lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic
Date:
Wed, 22 Jan 2003 22:53:25 GMT

In lugnet.modelteam, Andrea Donadello writes:
Chassis:

Nice looking MOC! I like all the working mechanical features. The rack and
pinions used for the tipping is great.

The suspension for the two rear axles is interesting. I noticed that the
rotation point for the support arms (the two sets of 1x7 liftarms) is not
concentric with the rotation point of the 24t crown gear (the one that
meshes with the differential). With the suspension in the lowest position
(i.e. the shocks fully extended), it looks like the 24t crown gear will move
closer to the differential, thus binding the gears together. Did you have
any problems with this?

Also, how are the sets of 1x7 liftarms (again- the rear axle suspensions)
attached to the chassis? A 1x2 axle wouldn't work as it would just slide
out. Did you modify a black friction peg to fit in the 1x2 smooth hole?

-TJ