 Model Team / 58
Re: A large Steam Locomotive
Newsgroups:
lugnet.modelteam
Date:
Thu, 27 Jan 2000 23:42:24 GMT

I actually am looking at the same thing.  Not all Model Team sets are
incompatible with mini-fig scale.  Most are larger than that, just due to
the fact that they are big sets.  Imagine how much larger a Locomotive is
when compared to a semi truck.  To keep the piece count down, they would
need to reduce the scale, which will likely put it into the range of
something that will fit with minifigs.  Look at an "O" scale engine in a
train shop.  A Model Team Lego set that size would not be outside of the
realm of possibility.  In fact, it is the most likely size.  They won't be
able to make it to the same scale as the 5571 unless they want to make a
model that has 4,000 pieces.

Now, let's all begin to chant... Model Team Trains!  Model Team Trains!
Model Team Trains!  Model Team Trains!  Model Team Trains!

Mike Poindexter

Doug Finney <dfinney@wt.net> wrote in message news:Fp0MB1.CE0@lugnet.com...
I think you're talking two different thing here (though both would be
exceedingly cool.) A Model Team loco would be about as compatible with • normal
Lego trains as other Model Team sets are with minifs, i.e. not at all.

If I ever get around to working on a large project a locomotive would be • high
on my possibilities list. Not much out there for wheels but I could • probably
make due with some of those from big Technic motorcycles. If anyone has
done/does do this I'd love to see pics!

Doug

In lugnet.modelteam, Mike Poindexter writes:
Man, you would not believe how much I would LOVE a steam loco with the • old
large spoked train wheels.  I am positive that the train group would go
crazy for it, as long as it was made with parts that could be used with • the
normal Lego trains.  If not that, then make it compatible with "G" scale
track so that they could run on another brand of track.

Mike Poindexter

Jeffrey Baldwin <Heatwaaave@aol.com> wrote in message
   Isn't about time Lego Came out with A large steam Locomotive for • there
model team? They Have done 3 Vans #5550, #5561 and #5581. there are 3 • model
team trucks 5561, 5571 and 5580 not to mention 5590 and 5591. O.K. we • have
trucks and we have vans now lets try some thing new like A train or a
motorcycle maybe a face like the ones on pages 40 and 41 in the • Ultimate
LEGO
Book. Am I lone in this or are there others out there who too would • like
something different in the modle team sets.