 Model Team / 1401
Re: Ah,... Breaker 1-9, this here is the Rubber Duck...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic
Date:
Fri, 5 May 2006 13:29:52 GMT

Hello Anders

Congratulations! You did a great job creating the famous Rubber Duck out of Lego bricks. “Convoy” is definitely one of my favorite movies of my childhood, and it made me start building trucks out of Legos in the first place back then.

The other reason was a book called “Die größten Abenteuer dieser Erde” (which translates to: World’s greatest Adventures), which features (among others) a story about truckers and road trains in Australia. It has a cool picture of a Mack truck spread over 2 pages, and since I was a kid I always wanted to build that Mack truck, but I never got to the point where I would actually start such a project.

Well ... now I dont’t have to, because one could not build it any better than you did :-) (Although it would be a nice addition to my Kenworth and Peterbilt trucks)

I really like how you build the hood, the shape matches the original perfectly. The exaust pipe is also great, but I guess the whole project would not be possible without bricklink and the ability to buy every (rare) brick you need. It is amazing to see what you can build if you have a more or less “unlimited” supply of bricks like the builders in the Legoland Parks have.

And you even topped their work by creating by far the best Lego truck model I have seen for a long time ...

Keep up the good work

Andreas

aka “El Caracho”