 Model Team / 1332
Re: www.engineeringwithabs.ch updated
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam
Date:
Sat, 11 Jun 2005 09:46:30 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Beat Felber wrote:
   Hello all

The Mercedes-Benz / NAW SK 3550 8x4/4 with modular trailer is in scale 1:18.75 and features the following functions:
  • Driven tandem axle
  • Steering, using micromotor, for the two front axles
  • Openable doors und sun roof
  • Cab tiltable
  • Detachable ballast platform with fifth wheel underneath
  • Modular trailer consisting of five parts, featuring steered wheels
Read the whole stories about these two models at http://www.engineeringwithabs.ch

Hi Beat

I’ve studied your Mercedes-Benz / NAW SK 3550 8x4/4 and I’m really impressed by how well you’ve captured the shape of the real thing, particulary as you’ve done it in a scale smaller than the more commonplace 1:13.

The shape of the cab really matches with the real thing, which I think is fundamental in creating an accurate representation of a prototype subject. I also really like all the detailing, especially within the rack behind the cab.

Steve