 Technic / 14255
Re: www.engineeringwithabs.ch updated
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam
Date:
Mon, 13 Jun 2005 18:36:50 GMT

Hi Steve

   I’ve studied your Mercedes-Benz / NAW SK 3550 8x4/4 and I’m really impressed by how well you’ve captured the shape of the real thing, particulary as you’ve done it in a scale smaller than the more commonplace 1:13.

Thanks.

Maybe you have already read it - scale was dictated by another, not yet published creation. I am still waiting for a nice day without wind...

...to take pictures of that one, standing besides the Mercedes.

   The shape of the cab really matches with the real thing, which I think is fundamental in creating an accurate representation of a prototype subject. I also really like all the detailing, especially within the rack behind the cab.

Thanks again.

First I started with the trailer and then thought about which truck to build. I always wanted to build a Mercedes as in my opinion, these trucks look best in front of a heavy load. But I also knew that Mercedes cabs are among the most difficult to copy in bricks. The biggest challenge was to find a solution for the fenders of the first axle and then to build working doors that fit with them.

Well, I am happy with the results.

Best regards from Switzerland

Beat