 Technic / 14248
14247  |  14249
Subject:
www.engineeringwithabs.ch updated
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam
Date:
Thu, 9 Jun 2005 19:35:45 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

Hello all

Finally, after over a year, Engineering with ABS, my homepage featuring Technic and Modelteam like creations has been updated.

So what’s new?

Well, let’s start with what might interest you most, the new MOCS:

Still remember my Liebherr T 282 mining truck, presented roughly one year ago? OK, here’s the matching mining shovel, a Bucyrus 495HF. Currently one of the most advanced pieces of mining equipment, the shovel has many innovative features. And so has my model:
  • Left and right crawlers driven independently
  • Swing drive for upper structure
  • Bucket hoist
  • Crowd motion and openable bucket door using adder/subtractor mechanism
Scale is about 1:48 which is roughly minifig scale.

The next creation has a somewhat bigger scale:

The Mercedes-Benz / NAW SK 3550 8x4/4 with modular trailer is in scale 1:18.75 and features the following functions:
  • Driven tandem axle
  • Steering, using micromotor, for the two front axles
  • Openable doors und sun roof
  • Cab tiltable
  • Detachable ballast platform with fifth wheel underneath
  • Modular trailer consisting of five parts, featuring steered wheels
Read the whole stories about these two models at http://www.engineeringwithabs.ch

For those of you still interested in the other changes on my homepage, here you are:
  • Changed background graphics and color of links to increase readability
  • Added new links to other LEGO fans out there
  • Changed the presentation order of the different creations to better highlight the newer ones
OK, that’s it. Feedback is welcome.

Greetings from Switzerland

Beat