 Model Team / 1176
Re: TJ, start the engines of your R 996...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.modelteam
Date:
Tue, 25 May 2004 18:21:03 GMT

Hi Duq

Nice one!

Thanks.

Did you find the same?

Yes, if you steer while not moving. As long as you steer while driving around,
it is much easier to control the direction you are heading to. When opening the
Pneumatic valve for steering just a bit, the airflow can be controlled quite
good and therefore the wheels won't jump from one side to the other.

I'd also like to see pictures of your rear drive and suspension....

It seems that I don't have taken a closeup picture of that certain feature -
just checked them. Nevertheless I am sure you can figure out how it works by
studying the following pictures:

<http://www.engineeringwithabs.ch/pictures/t28205b.jpg>
<http://www.engineeringwithabs.ch/pictures/t28208b.jpg>
<http://www.engineeringwithabs.ch/pictures/t28221b.jpg>

On the geared motor sits an 8 tooth gear which drives another 8 tooth gear which
itself sits on an axle that holds a worm gear. The worm gear then drives the 24
tooth gear of the differential case. The whole assembly (motor, differential,
rear wheels) can swing around two Technic pins in up and downwards direction.
Two rubber belts serve as replacements for springs.

Hope it helps.

Beat