 Model Team / 1177
Re: TJ, start the engines of your R 996...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.modelteam
Date:
Tue, 25 May 2004 18:32:14 GMT

Hi David

I've encontered the same problem myself. Here is the solution I came up with:
http://www.wegmuller.org/lego/idea/index.html

That's an interesting idea. I think I won't use it on my T 282 as there is not
much space left but I certainly think about it when building a new model with
Pneumatic steering.

Please note that there is a movie below the two big pictures.

Thanks for sharing.

Of course this idea can be implemented with the small pneumatic cylinders as
well...

I see only one problem using the small cylinders. While steering to one side,
you just use one cylinder at a time. With my solution there are always two
cylinders moving in unison. I could imagine that when using the small ones, the
steering force could be too small to actually move the wheels (or the
articulation joint). With the big cylinders I don't see any problems as they are
quite strong.

Greetings

Beat