 MediaWatch / 933
932  |  934
Subject:
"Lego tries for girls' block vote"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.mediawatch
Date:
Fri, 7 Feb 2003 13:07:07 GMT

A clipping someone gave me from the Daily Mail, not being a reader of it
myself.  Original article their copyright.

"Lego tries for girls' block vote"

LEGO is to launch a range of pink 'design' blocks just for girls.
The 70-year-old toymaker will try for the first time to break into the
girls' market with 'Clikits' - kits to make jewellery, fashion pieces and
decorative items.
The range will go on sale in August following four years of intensive research.
Lego is still predominantly a male toy - 90 per cent of its customers are
boys, but nearly half of all toys sold are for girls.  The girls' range will
cost from £2.99 to £29.99 for the 'ultimate design studio'.

Jason J Railton