 General / 41019
Re: "Lego tries for girls' block vote"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.mediawatch
Date:
Fri, 7 Feb 2003 15:52:22 GMT

"Lego tries for girls' block vote"

LEGO is to launch a range of pink 'design' blocks just for girls.
Rant begins.

The whole thing is rather silly really. I had loads of lego when I was a kid
(I am a 'girl' (perhaps more of a woman now) by the way if the name had not
given you a clue) and all of my friends who were girls loved it and usually
had some too. Perhaps my collection started because I inherited my older
brothers' collection but the fact that I loved it as a toy made me pester my
parents for more.

I remember thinking that Paradisa was stupid because of the pink and the
tendency to be aimed at horses, but I loved town and since the age of 3 I
always wanted a lego railway. I think that lego is a true unisex toy, and I
think if the theames were more aimed at unisex rather than boys then there
would be no gender differential.

I would not have wanted pink lego that made jewelery.

Rant over.

Fiona
(who recieved her first lego train set for her 23rd birthday (I love my
parents) the metroliner kit and a super cheif to go with it)