 General / 41021
Re: "Lego tries for girls' block vote"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.mediawatch
Date:
Fri, 7 Feb 2003 16:24:15 GMT

In lugnet.general, Fiona Dickinson writes:
Perhaps my collection started because I inherited my older
brothers' collection but the fact that I loved it as a toy made me pester my
parents for more.
I would not have wanted pink lego that made jewelery.

Maybe it'll at least get bought for more kids, then they can move onto Star
Wars and trains.

In lugnet.general, Jason J. Railton writes:
Lego is still predominantly a male toy - 90 per cent of its customers are
boys, but nearly half of all toys sold are for girls.  The girls' range will
cost from £2.99 to £29.99 for the 'ultimate design studio'.

You see, there are statistics.  It must be true!

Jason J Railton