 MediaWatch / 91 (-20)
  Lego On The Local News (Washington D.C.)

I was sitting here watching the news and lo and behold, there is a news story on robotics competition (a soccer competition) utilizing Lego Mindstorms as the competitors. The event was held at the Goddard Space Flight Center, in Greenbelt, Md. with (...) (23 years ago, 4-May-01, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: AT&T Commercial

Hey- I just saw that commercial a few seconds ago on MTV, it definitely is a cool commercial. How about that lion shaking off the LEGOs? ~Chris Fortier www.chrisfortier.com (...) (23 years ago, 3-May-01, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  AT&T Commercial

I just saw an AT&T commercial on TechTV. It's one of their 7$/7¢ series, but this time it uses animated 3D plastic building bricks (but not LEGO...OH NO, NEVER!). It's actually really cool. I went to AT&T's web site, but they dont seem to have (...) (23 years ago, 2-May-01, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  LEGO Robotics on TechTV

I found this while looking for something else entirely. Thought someone might be interested: (URL) (23 years ago, 2-May-01, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Iowa State U. students use Legos to learn technology

(...) These links don't seem to stick around for long, which is disapointing, but here's another story on the same group: Iowa State U. students design Lego golf course (URL) (23 years ago, 28-Apr-01, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.edu, lugnet.robotics.edu)

  The Pretender

I watch the Pretender every day on TNT. (I tape the ones I'm not home for.) Anyway, in the opening credits there is a tower made out of what appears to be LEGO. It is also often visible during the show. Bryan Beckwith (23 years ago, 28-Apr-01, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Lego on brazilian TV program

A brazilian TV program has a program called TV Lokau - (URL) It's a internet program and yesterday they started a "wierd sites" section. Three out of the four websites shown was LEGO related. (URL) one of them. Best regards, --Felipe (23 years ago, 25-Apr-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.br, lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: Slizer Arm on Farscape

Hmm and I've seen Farscape a total of ten times. -- Kenneth A. Drumm Ph.D. "Gary Istok" <gistok@umich.edu> wrote in message news:3AE49AC2.F130D3...ich.edu... (...) pay (...) know (...) on my (...) it, (...) end (...) don't (...) in at (...) (23 years ago, 23-Apr-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: Slizer Arm on Farscape

I didn't even notice it! And I watch Farscape all the time. I'll have to pay more attention. Maybe parts of Moya or Talon are Lego and I didn't even know it... Farscape continues..... Gary Istok (...) (23 years ago, 23-Apr-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: Tortilla Airplane Contest

(...) You should slap some butter on that and deep fry it. Yum (23 years ago, 23-Apr-01, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.loc.us.nm)

  Tortilla Airplane Contest

I just finished entering a contest held by Southwest Airlines here in Albuquerque. The idea is to build an airplane out of tortillas and the best plane wins a free trip to Las Vegas, NV. Well, one of the entries used LEGO wheels and Technic Shock (...) (23 years ago, 23-Apr-01, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.loc.us.nm)

  Re: Legoland Windsor mentioned in 'Planning'

----- Original Message ----- From: "Steve Bliss" (...) Doh! I think you are right. When I first read it, it sounded like the author was revelling at having spotted a spelling mistake. But having now read it again, I think I was too hasty, especially (...) (23 years ago, 23-Apr-01, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: Legoland Windsor mentioned in 'Planning'

(...) No, I think the author got the joke just fine, and added a couple of other bits to the gag. Steve (23 years ago, 23-Apr-01, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: 'Who wants to be a millionaire' last night

(...) Actually, its more of a technical term. In the toy industry, plush is pretty much anything soft on the surface and squishy. My family used to run a couple of games at carnivals. That's where I ran into the term. Later, Gino A... (23 years ago, 22-Apr-01, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Adbusters

A shot of what appears to be the outside of the LEGO LIC at the mall of america apears in the latest issue (no 35) of the self-proclaimed journal of the mind 'adbusters' ((URL) (23 years ago, 22-Apr-01, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: Slizer Arm on Farscape

Ok I admit it not posting to the mediawatch to begin with was laziness on my part. My bad. -- Kenneth A. Drumm Ph.D. "Bryan Beckwith" <bbbeckwi@mail.SPAMB...Kuccs.edu> wrote in message news:GC5EGB.64u@lugnet.com... (...) up (...) having (...) floor. (...) (23 years ago, 21-Apr-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: Slizer Arm on Farscape

So they were using a Slizer throwing arm as a prop? Pretty cool! As far as not posting it to mediawatch, even if you don't subscribe to it, others (including myself) do. It's nice for these types of posts to end up there so that in the future people (...) (23 years ago, 21-Apr-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.ny.bin, lugnet.technic.slizer, lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: 'Who wants to be a millionaire' last night

I don't think that it would be a 'UKism' on such an American show. One of the same players later questions was regarding which countries the Bering Straight separates. The player had to ask the audience, and 8% of the audience said it was Canada and (...) (23 years ago, 21-Apr-01, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: 'Who wants to be a millionaire' last night

(...) Actually I wouldn't agree. You're confusing two different types of "toys". Stuffed animals are stuffed with different materials than most Beanies (which, by definition, are usually filled with beans). "Beanie babies" is quite a common name for (...) (23 years ago, 21-Apr-01, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: 'Who wants to be a millionaire' last night

(...) This must be a UKism, as we don't use that phrase much. Beanie Babies are "stuffed animals" I think. Of course, stuffed doesn't carry quite the negative connotation in the US. ++Lar (23 years ago, 21-Apr-01, to lugnet.mediawatch)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact