 MediaWatch / 78
Re: 'Who wants to be a millionaire' last night
Newsgroups:
lugnet.mediawatch
Date:
Sun, 22 Apr 2001 02:26:40 GMT

In lugnet.mediawatch, Larry Pieniazek writes:
In lugnet.mediawatch, Adam Murtha writes:
Last night on WWTBAM one of the players' early questions was 'Which of the
following would be considered a plush toy?'
This must be a UKism, as we don't use that phrase much. Beanie Babies are
"stuffed animals" I think. Of course, stuffed doesn't carry quite the
negative connotation in the US.
  Actually, its more of a technical term.  In the toy industry, plush is pretty
much anything soft on the surface and squishy.  My family used to run a couple
of games at carnivals.  That's where I ran into the term.

Later,
Gino A...