 MediaWatch / 871 (-10)
  Re: Brick Testament site linked with child porn case??!!

Inspired by one of Larry's posts, I found the Google cache of the links page: (URL) is worth noting that there is also a link to LUGNet. Bryan Beckwith (22 years ago, 31-Dec-02, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.general)

  Lego introduces L-gauge

This morning, I received the februari issue of Model Railroader. This is a monthly magazine for the model railroad fan. Yes, my money goes there as well as to Lego. On page 61, my eyes got caught on a page-size add for Lego! See (URL) about the (...) (22 years ago, 31-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.mediawatch) !!

  Re: Brick Testament site linked with child porn case??!!

(...) More than you might think. However I think if we veer off into discussion of this in more depth, it probably belongs in off-topic.debate. (22 years ago, 31-Dec-02, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.general)

  Re: Brick Testament site linked with child porn case??!!

(...) I was interested to hear what you would think of all this. But, for my part, an attack on our community is an attack on me. Also, I'm sure the irony hasn't escaped you that the revulsion people direct toward your site is based on the very (...) (22 years ago, 31-Dec-02, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.general)

  Henry Lim in Keyboard Magazine

Henry Lim's harpsichord is Keyboard of the month in January's "Keyboard Magazine" (find it on the stands with "Guitar Player" ,"EQ" and other performance and music-business magazines). It rates a half page, which contains a small picture and some (...) (22 years ago, 31-Dec-02, to lugnet.mediawatch) !

  Re: Brick Testament site linked with child porn case??!!

(...) While we beat up this reporter for not understanding BT, let's be a little more careful in our reading of the article. It didn't connect BT with child p*rn; it used it as an example of the poor judgement this person exercised in his choice of (...) (22 years ago, 31-Dec-02, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.general)

  Re: Help defend the artist! (was Re: Brick Testament site linked with child porn case??!!)

(...) Although it wasn't the article which made this elected(?) member resign, it can not be helping the court of public opinion, which he has to live in. This sort of drivel usually filters out and redflags the nominds so anyone who reads that (...) (22 years ago, 31-Dec-02, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: Help defend the artist! (was Re: Brick Testament site linked with child porn case??!!)

(...) I was googling around yesterday and found another paper that carried the story. No idea if they were just re-reporting what was said (URL) also found what I THINK is the website in question, but it appears to be gone (URL) google cached it (...) (22 years ago, 31-Dec-02, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: Brick Testament site linked with child porn case??!!

My main complaint is that they seem to have confused my site "Brick Tales", with Brendan's. Seriously, while we've had discussions here about Brendan's choice of story material, it is a bit off to be upset that there are stories about murder and (...) (22 years ago, 31-Dec-02, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.general)

  Re: Brick Testament site linked with child porn case??!!

(...) Wow, this is great. I mean I hate to see fans of The Brick Testament getting hauled off to jail, and it's sad to see the depth to which journalism can sink... but then again, this is just too funny. Many thanks to James for pointing this out. (...) (22 years ago, 31-Dec-02, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.general)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact