 MediaWatch / 841 (-20)
  [rtlToronto] rtlToronto Makes the Front Page. Literally.

The December 22nd, 2002 Sunday edition of the Toronto Star features a Lego brick mosaic of the paper's banner, in place of the normal banner on the top of the front page. It also includes a detailed article about rtlToronto and Lego enthusiasts in (...) (22 years ago, 22-Dec-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.announce, lugnet.mediawatch) !!

  Socceroos and LEGO

Spotted on p.75 of yesterday's Herald-Sun: a photo of Socceroos coach Frank Farina sitting behind a LEGO Soccer field! The interview didn't mention LEGO at all, just Australia's greater chance of actually appearing in the next World Cup, but I just (...) (22 years ago, 20-Dec-02, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: News Flash - Life on Mars in short supply!

(...) lol, sounds like somebody at ABC has a child with LOM sets on their list :) Julie (22 years ago, 19-Dec-02, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  News Flash - Life on Mars in short supply!

Last night (18 December 2002) ABC Nightly News included the usual holiday segment on frantic parents searching for the season's "hot" toys, and a LEGO item was mentioned. According to our crack reporter, the "Life on Mars" (LOM) series is hard to (...) (22 years ago, 19-Dec-02, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: Lego Drug Humor with Technic Figures

Interestingly enough, these images appeared in a popular Israeli magazine called "Rating". Kind of a cross between a weekly magazine and a TV guide. It appeared next to the editor's column. Supposedly, it's part of the war against drugs (????? cute (...) (22 years ago, 19-Dec-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.fun, lugnet.loc.il, lugnet.mediawatch)

  Mindstorms on Fox Toledo

Last Thursday (12/12) there was a small segment about a local LEGO Mindstorms competition in NW Ohio on Fox Toledo news. I didn't catch the exact location, but the goal of the competition was to design robots to navigate an urban environment. -chris (22 years ago, 17-Dec-02, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Lego in Jan Toy Fare (#65)

Toy Fare has weird priorities. Jan 2003 P.38 shows the March Bionicle releases and SW mini snowspeeder and AT-ST, plus an NBA set. There are details about the September Bionicle video. Galidor in Letters col. Then there is an article about the (...) (22 years ago, 16-Dec-02, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Article on "Expresso" newspaper

This week's edition of portuguese newspaper Expresso had a three page article about Legoland California, written by Tony Jenkins (New York Times?). There is a description of the park's attractions, with a few photos, along with the mention that (...) (22 years ago, 14-Dec-02, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: Have I got news for you

Hi. Thanks to everyone for the info. It's much appreciated. If someone could tape the show and get me a copy, that's be really great to have. I'd be happy to reimburse for all the costs involved. I have a friend who can play videocassettes in the (...) (22 years ago, 15-Dec-02, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: Have I got news for you, repeat is on BBC 2

The segment was in respect to "tat" being sold by the church. The featured items were a "nodding" figure of Jesus, an inflatable cathedral and the "Brick Testament" Father, Son & Holy Ghost set. It didn't mention the web site that they were (...) (22 years ago, 14-Dec-02, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: Have I got news for you, repeat is on BBC 2

(...) Correction: The repeat will be broadcasted on BBC 2 (not 1), starting at 22.30 GMT. The Brick Testament feature will be in the round where a partly obscured newspaper headline is shown to the members of the panel, and they have to guess what (...) (22 years ago, 14-Dec-02, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.loc.uk)

  Have I got news for you

The Brick Testament featured on tonight's episode of the BBC program 'Have I got news for you' in the 'Odd one out' round. If you can receive BBC1 you can see the repeat on saturday night. Duq (22 years ago, 13-Dec-02, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: NGLTC Festival of Trees Setup is complete

Our display turned up in the Festival of Trees picture in the Atlanta Journal: (URL) (22 years ago, 8-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.mediawatch)

  Best Inventions

Just saw a 5 minute item about Lego on BBC's 'Best Inventions'. Nothing new or shocking, but nice to see Lego get a bit of airtime... Duq (22 years ago, 4-Dec-02, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: Linux Journal Cover

(...) I'll ask Don Marti (the new Editor in Chief) about that tonight when I see him. He's also the president of my local LUG (that's LINUX user's group) which happens to be meeting tonight (www.svlug.org) I wonder whose LEGO minifigs those are on (...) (22 years ago, 4-Dec-02, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: HP Lego on Local Fox News

(...) Perhaps LEGO has written off the kids that are currently in the 7-11 age range, and the juniorized sets are meant to attract those who are currently 4-6. But as those kids grow up I predict LEGO will grow up along with them. I think we're (...) (22 years ago, 4-Dec-02, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: Lego Float in Macy's Thanksgiving Parade

(...) Here are some screencaps from the parade: (URL) for those of you who can't wait for the moderation try: (URL) 001 with any whole number up to 024 to see them all. -chris (22 years ago, 1-Dec-02, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: Lego In Monty Comic Strip

Hah! Very funny. I was reading a book called 'Sophie's World'- a novel about the history of philisophy, in which the subject recieves letters asking philisophical questions, and then following up with a lesson. One of the questions was, 'why is Lego (...) (22 years ago, 27-Nov-02, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: Lego In Monty Comic Strip

Hah! Very funny. I was reading a book called 'Sophie's World'- a novel about the history of philisophy, in which the subject recieves letters asking philisophical questions, and then following up with a lesson. One of the questions was, 'why is Lego (...) (22 years ago, 27-Nov-02, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Lego In Monty Comic Strip

Not one of the better strips, but it mentioned Lego! (URL) (22 years ago, 27-Nov-02, to lugnet.mediawatch)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact