 MediaWatch / 2505
Re: Lego minifig timeline
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.mediawatch
Date:
Fri, 31 Oct 2008 05:31:54 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.general, Roy Gal wrote:
A really nice Lego minifig timeline has appeared on
<http://gizmodo.com/5070884/exclusive-the-lego-minifig-timeline Gizmodo>,
with pictures of the figs introduced each year from 1978 to today.

I dunno-- I'm amazed they say "almost every minifig ever produced", and proceed
to miss vast gaping swaths of minifigures like Ice Planet, Classic Castle,
BlackTron, ResQ, Rock Raiders, and others seemingly too numerous to enumerate.
BrickLink lists roughly 4000+ minifigs, and they've only got roughly 500 on the
Gizmodo page?

Plus, they seem pretty inaccurate. I see Black Falcons in 1983, when they were
in fact released in 1984, Crusaders in 1985 instead of 1984, Cedric the Bull in
1999 instead of 2000, Darth Vader and Jar-Jar in 2000 rather than 1999.

[looks at list some more]

It's like they didn't even try. I'd be much happier if they just said "here's a
list of some of our favorite minifigs", and left it at that.

DaveE