 General / 54992
Re: Lego minifig timeline
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.mediawatch
Date:
Sat, 1 Nov 2008 01:37:40 GMT

In lugnet.general, Dave Schuler wrote:
If memory serves, the yellow Classic Space minifig debuted in 1983, rather than
1978.  I will happily recant if I'm wrong, though.

Huh-- it looks like the yellow ones existed, but didn't appear in any "set" sets
until 1982. Between 1978 and 1981, they only appeared in yellow in minifig
packs:

http://guide.lugnet.com/set/0014
http://guide.lugnet.com/set/0015

Then, in 1982, they showed up in "bona fide" sets:

http://guide.lugnet.com/set/6880
http://guide.lugnet.com/set/6950

The LUGNET guide apparently gives years of 1978 for the two 'fig packs, but
BrickLink and the new Collector Guide list 1979 as the release years. Hmm...

DaveE