 General / 54993
Re: Lego minifig timeline
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.mediawatch
Date:
Sat, 1 Nov 2008 01:40:30 GMT

In lugnet.general, Dave Schuler wrote:

snip

If memory serves, the yellow Classic Space minifig debuted in 1983, rather than
1978.  I will happily recant if I'm wrong, though.

Dave!

Far be it for me to disagree with the much smarter Dave!...  However, yellow
space dude debuted in '82 in the 6880 Surface Explorer and the 6950 Mobile
Rocket Transport

I received the first one for Christmas that very year, along with my favouritest
space set of all time, 6890 Cosmic Cruiser

I still don't own a 6950 yet--keep on getting outbid on eBay--grrr!!!

1982 is where I define for myself the 'end' of 'classic space'--after that it's
the blue/white futuron stuff--still exceptionally cool though...

Blue and Black dude look to be '84 when they made an appearance, but I could be
completely wrong on that...

Dave K