 MediaWatch / 1696 (-20)
  LEGO Getting Sued by Two California Women

From a Reuters article ((URL) ANGELES (Reuters) - Two California women have sued Lego Systems Inc. in Los Angeles, accusing it of stealing an idea that turned into one of the year's hottest selling toys for the Danish toy company. The lawsuit, filed (...) (20 years ago, 30-Dec-04, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Local Channel 11 tomorrow morning

Tomorrow morning I will on live TV on Channel 11 at 9:30am. BayLTC has a Christmas train layout set up in the Museum of American Heritage in Palo Alto, CA and the executive director arranged for a live broadcast from our train layout. Russell Clark (...) (20 years ago, 21-Dec-04, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Free "Story of Christmas" postcards now in NYC and Philadelphia

In case you can't get enough (URL) Brick Testament: Story of Christmas> schwag (I know I can't), there are free Story of Christmas postcards now available in the (URL) Max Racks> in restaurants, gyms, and other fine establishments all around New (...) (20 years ago, 21-Dec-04, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.books, lugnet.build.ancient, lugnet.fun.holiday, lugnet.loc.us.ny.ny, lugnet.loc.us.pa.phi, FTX)

  8x9 foot LEGO menorah constructed in Burlingame, CA

I found out about this too late to go see it in action, but apparently a rabbi in Burlingame, CA (just south of San Francisco) built an 8-foot-tall, 9-foot-wide menorah, complete with candle holders and electric lights. Here an article about it a (...) (20 years ago, 18-Dec-04, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.fun.holiday)

  Re: Tiger Woods is a .Space kind of guy

[snipinated] (...) You never know. Perhaps he'll post something here eventually ;-). Maybe he just needs to be directed to Lugnet. Hold up a huge sign in one of his tournaments saying: LUGNET.COM/SPACE That should do it. (20 years ago, 18-Dec-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: Tiger Woods is a .Space kind of guy

(...) I was just about to post this myself, but you beat me to it! And yes, it would be classic space, since he was born in 1975 (according to his website) and he says he was between five and nine. Of course, this begs a number of questions. Which (...) (20 years ago, 18-Dec-04, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.space)

  Tiger Woods is a .Space kind of guy

In this weeks edition (12/16/2004) issue of Sports Illustrated, Steve Rushin's Air and Space column covers some of the favorite toys some atheletes received for Christmas. As it turns out, Tiger Woods was a LEGO Space (Classic I am sure based on his (...) (20 years ago, 18-Dec-04, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.space)

  Re: Lego Models of Fenway Park, Wally the Green Monster to be Auctioned at MLB.com

(...) Well, we just wrapped up our holiday party and ran back to the shop to put the finishing touches on the Fenway model a few hours ago. I gotta say this was a great but challenging and nerve-wracking model to work on. Sheesh, there's not a (...) (20 years ago, 18-Dec-04, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.mediawatch, FTX) !

  Re: Lego Models of Fenway Park, Wally the Green Monster to be Auctioned at MLB.com

(...) Ah, between using Mozilla and a double firewall, I didn't have that problem. :) I know someone else has posted a picture link already, but in case anyone wants to see how the bidding is going, here's the link to the auction page for Wally: (...) (20 years ago, 17-Dec-04, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: Lego Models of Fenway Park, Wally the Green Monster to be Auctioned at MLB.com

(...) (URL) "Red Brick" (20 years ago, 16-Dec-04, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: Lego Models of Fenway Park, Wally the Green Monster to be Auctioned at MLB.com

(...) anyone have links to the actual model section of the site? I went to mlb.com and since it started playing some sort of sound file I bailed rather quickly without digging much. Thanks! (20 years ago, 16-Dec-04, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.mediawatch)

  Lego Models of Fenway Park, Wally the Green Monster to be Auctioned at MLB.com

From my colleagues in PR: ===...=== For Release on Wednesday, December 15, 2004 Boston Red Sox, LEGO Company and MLB Properties Create a Holiday Hit for Red Sox Fans Lego Models of Fenway Park, Wally the Green Monster to be Auctioned at MLB.com (...) (20 years ago, 16-Dec-04, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.announce)

  Re: Lego loses legal battle with Best-Lock in Germany

(...) MB issued a press release about this as well: (URL) a relatively slow loading PDF. Unfortunately I could not just grab the text but the gist is they are happy and they think they are going to do well. XFUT off-topic.clone-brands (20 years ago, 15-Dec-04, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Local news clip of GMLTC setup

The GMLTC recently displayed its layout at the Minnesota Transportation Museum's Jackson Street Roundhouse as part of their annual Christmas event. WCCO 4 News interviewed John Kelly (J3) of the GMLTC next to the layout. The video clip is available (...) (20 years ago, 12-Dec-04, to lugnet.events, lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Brick Testament: Story of Christmas in Entertainment Weekly

(...) Just to follow-up, I put a scan of this piece on the Brick Testament press page here: (URL) (20 years ago, 11-Dec-04, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Lego loses legal battle with Best-Lock in Germany

Lego is about to lose its monopoly in Germany. They have lost their suit to keep out Best-Lock and lost the law protecting the sanctity of The Brick. Mega Bloks are poised to go into the German market and are projected to rapidly take 20% market (...) (20 years ago, 10-Dec-04, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  PCS Edventures partners with Mega Bloks

PCS Edventures has partnered with Mega Bloks to be their partner in the education market. Presumably this means their BrickLab kit will feature MegaBloks instead of Lego. Longtime Lugnetters may remember Richard Wright (aka Weird Richard). (URL) (20 years ago, 10-Dec-04, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: ToysRus is taking your vote for your best toy award

(...) And the winner is..... Not Lego. But not MegaBloks either, thankfully! Instead the K'Nex "Big Air Ball Tower": (URL) (20 years ago, 9-Dec-04, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  LEGO town stop-motion animation music video

I just saw a video by DJ Timo ((URL) called "The Robots", and the entire video was stop-motion animation of a LEGO town. The song was Kraftwerk's "Die Roboter", with a more modern sound. I was impressed by the video - the creations are well done, (...) (20 years ago, 9-Dec-04, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  The Lego block radio in print

I found this in a strange publication, the Ericsson corporate magazine, while thumbing through the "boring reading material in lunchroom pile". (URL) magazine is a half editorial, half advertisement for Ericsson products. It's sort of a mix of Wired (...) (20 years ago, 9-Dec-04, to lugnet.mediawatch)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact