 MediaWatch / 1678
1677  |  1679
Subject:
LEGO town stop-motion animation music video
Newsgroups:
lugnet.mediawatch
Date:
Thu, 9 Dec 2004 08:53:00 GMT

I just saw a video by DJ Timo (http://www.timo.nu/) called "The Robots", and the
entire video was stop-motion animation of a LEGO town. The song was Kraftwerk's
"Die Roboter", with a more modern sound.

I was impressed by the video - the creations are well done, and include not just
new bricks, but also old things, like Shell bricks, classic space computer
tiles, and Futuron astronauts. The town is big and detailed, with lots of cars
and people walking around, and even a monorail passing over the streets.

It is clearly done by someone who is good at building as has a pretty solid
collection - maybe Timo is a closet Afol, or maybe he's already posting here? ;)

If you visit the site, you'll find more information about the song, and where to
get the video. Unfortunately, it seems that right now your only chance is to
catch it on Scandinavian television, or buy it from the 3G mobile operator 3, an
option which I doubt is available outside of Sweden. There's an audio clip of
the song, but I doubt that is what interests most people ;)

--Tobias

When replying by e-mail, please remove capital letters and numbers from my
e-mail adress.