 MediaWatch / 1676 (-20)
  Brick Testament: Story of Christmas in Entertainment Weekly

This week's issue of Entertainment Weekly (10 December 2004, with the cast of Ocean's Twelve on the cover) features a small piece about (URL) The Brick Testament: The Story of Christmas> on page 101. A photo from the book is reprinted, with the (...) (20 years ago, 7-Dec-04, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.books, lugnet.build.ancient, FTX)

  RE: Monster Nation & Mindstorms

They tried to build a robot that could walk a dog. It was basicly a line following robot. They laid out some paper, and put black tape (about 2 inch wide) on it, to form a line. They ended up with a room sized loop. They built a chassis using a (...) (20 years ago, 7-Dec-04, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.mediawatch)

  Monster Garage & Mindstorms

I didn't see the beginning, but I think they're using Mindstorms to make a dog-walker/line-follower on Monster Garage. Wish I was there... Steve (20 years ago, 7-Dec-04, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.mediawatch)

  Article at About.com: "Before You Buy LEGO Toys"

"Before You Buy LEGO Toys" (URL) Wow! A clear, concise, pro-Lego article that: 1) Doesn't use the term legos 2) Describes the age suitability of Duplu vs. Lego 3) Touches on the broad product line, from the various gender targeted lines to non-brick (...) (20 years ago, 2-Dec-04, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: LEGO sells "violent" toys?

(...) While searching for something else, I came across TLCs statement about the recall of 6776 immediately following the September 11th attacks. I believe it has relevance with respect to what Jake says above... (URL) Its also interesting to note (...) (20 years ago, 30-Nov-04, to lugnet.mediawatch, FTX)

  Thanksgiving Day Parade float

I'm glad to see Lego in the Thanksgiving Day parade! Didn't see Megabloks there did we? Thought not. (20 years ago, 25-Nov-04, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: It's getting cold, pass me another "Lego" set

(...) Whoever wrote that article misuses the LEGO name about as bad as I've ever seen. I guess it didn't occur to them that when they wrote "counterfeit LEGO", it means that the pieces aren't LEGO at all. Oh well, at least the world is taking a turn (...) (20 years ago, 25-Nov-04, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: Lego Company chooses poorly? (was re: Shifty set)

(...) Indeed. Although a headline like "Rich Multinational Toy Company Gives Poor Finnish Children Second Rate Building Bricks for Christmas" could hardly appeal to Lego... Cheers Richie Dulin (20 years ago, 25-Nov-04, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.general, lugnet.mediawatch, FTX)

  Re: Lego Company chooses poorly? (was re: Shifty set)

(...) Are you willing to vouch for the safety of each of those fake sets? Were LEGO to have given the o.k. to give away the illegal sets they (the LEGO company) would have, at least in principle, been giving their assurance that the sets are safe to (...) (20 years ago, 25-Nov-04, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.general, lugnet.mediawatch)

  Lego Company chooses poorly? (was re: Shifty set)

(...) charity, presumeably for distribution to the poor. I read between the lines that this is Finnish law, that siezed illegal goods can be destroyed or given to charity. The article claimed that the clones were dangerous and could break in normal (...) (20 years ago, 25-Nov-04, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.general, lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: It's getting cold, pass me another Lego set

(...) Hey, their might be a use for Bionicle after all! :-) Steve (20 years ago, 24-Nov-04, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  It's getting cold, pass me another Lego set

Funny story out of Finnland. It seems a huge batch of counterfit Lego sets were seized by Finnish authorities. These poor bricks have been given the death sentance, but don't worry their lives will not have been in vain, their death will help to (...) (20 years ago, 24-Nov-04, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: Shifty set

(...) I am not sure what either "blatant" nor "jeers" mean, but when reading the Danish and the English version, I would have translated this way: ....all are Slavic copies of Lego.... I asume blatant is something else. Sonnich (...) (20 years ago, 24-Nov-04, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.general, lugnet.mediawatch)

  Robot cleaner on the new inventors

On the (URL) New Inventors> tonight (ABC TV Australia), there was a short segment on kids inventions, and two girls invented a floor cleaner based on an RCX. It looked like a fairly simple robot, with touch sensors each end, and some floor wipes (...) (20 years ago, 24-Nov-04, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.mediawatch, FTX)

  Quatro Bricks Popular in Great American Toy Test

Quatro bricks made the top 15 best toys in the 2004-2005 (URL) Great American Toy Test> Maggie C. (20 years ago, 24-Nov-04, to lugnet.quatro, lugnet.mediawatch, FTX)

  Brick Testament: Story of Christmas in Publishers Weekly and Money magazine

Publishers Weekly has reviewed (URL) The Brick Testament: The Story of Christmas>. The write-up can be seen on their website, but in case you don't have a subscription to that site, I've put a copy of the review on The Brick Testament's press page (...) (20 years ago, 23-Nov-04, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.books, FTX)

  Re: Lego Press Release - Imitation products destroyed

(...) sold everywhere. I even have few sets of it at home and I should say it is pretty good quality for its price. Sure, not as good as authentic Lego, but much better than other chinese Lego analogs, and several times cheaper. With Lego prices in (...) (20 years ago, 20-Nov-04, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: Lego Press Release - Imitation products destroyed

(...) Mmmm, grinder. I gotta get me one of those!!! brickmodder (20 years ago, 19-Nov-04, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: Lego Press Release - Imitation products destroyed

(...) (URL) haul of fake Lego to go up in smoke" HELSINKI (Reuters) - More than 10 tons of Chinese-made plastic toy bricks will go up in smoke when the largest customs haul of illegal imitation Legos ever seized is incinerated, a Finnish customs (...) (20 years ago, 19-Nov-04, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: European vs American Market and Values (Was: LEGO sells "violent"toys?)

Christian Treczoks wrote in message ... (...) I can't speak for toy stores in the US, but in my part of Canada, in independent toystores (I don't see it in department stores at all), Playmobil has as much or more shelf space as LEGO, usually right (...) (20 years ago, 19-Nov-04, to lugnet.mediawatch)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact