 MediaWatch / 1656 (-10)
  Re: Shifty set

(...) It's not quite accurate for them to describe all of the sets as "blatant copies" of LEGO sets. Granted, many sets were direct copies, and Shifty certainly copied numerous patent-protected parts, but the Shifty castle set that I bought has no (...) (20 years ago, 19-Nov-04, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.general, lugnet.mediawatch)

  European vs American Market and Values (Was: LEGO sells "violent" toys?)

(...) Thank you very much! As I said, I very much prefer Lego for the creativity values it once represented (and which it tries to regain), but the current set design is very unattractive to me and other adults I talked to. Kids might like Bionicle (...) (20 years ago, 19-Nov-04, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: Shifty set

Funny, I bought and wrote this... Now I read this: (URL) is just across the waters, 80 km from here. 10 tons, 10000 sets :-) That is a lot! S PS: I will keep the set, in case I have to do a setup/show sometime again. It will go under "bad bad bad (...) (20 years ago, 19-Nov-04, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.general, lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: LEGO sells "violent" toys?

(...) Hello Thomas, As the one who posted the link and started this thread I can assure you that it was in no way meant to be a troll of any kind. I hope my past postings on LUGNET are proof enough that I'm just not that kind of person. However, I (...) (20 years ago, 19-Nov-04, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: LEGO sells "violent" toys?

(...) Ok, what kid doesn't play with any of his toys that way no matter what they are? As a kid I had a couple friends whose parents absolutely INSISTED that they'd have no violent toys in the house. Star Wars toys? Nope. Transformers? Nope. But (...) (20 years ago, 18-Nov-04, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: LEGO sells "violent" toys?

(...) So why can't you just buy sets and give him only the "approved parts"? (...) A real conviction should triumph over this, hands down. (...) Your argument is divided between building and play. In building, it is impossible to determine what will (...) (20 years ago, 18-Nov-04, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: Lego Press Release - Imitation products destroyed

Bryan & All, (...) Maersk truck. I also saw the newer Coastal Patrol Harbor there, with the Dolphins. Pretty sad. Shifty indeed. Scott Sanburn -- (20 years ago, 18-Nov-04, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Lego Press Release - Imitation products destroyed

Found on (URL) . "Last year, the customs authorities in Finland seized a large consignment of copy products in transit between China and Russia. There were 54,514 sets - totalling 10.5 tons of imitation productions - all of them blatant copies of (...) (20 years ago, 18-Nov-04, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: LEGO sells "violent" toys?

I first saw this thread almost as a troll - an article that had legitimate concerns over violent toys mentioned Lego and all the Lego fans rushed blindly to the defense of their favorite toy. But I think two very important discussion points have (...) (20 years ago, 18-Nov-04, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: LEGO sells "violent" toys?

In lugnet.mediawatch, Christian Treczoks wrote: SNIP (...) They don't? Your cats must suck. Soren (20 years ago, 17-Nov-04, to lugnet.mediawatch, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact