 MediaWatch / 1650
Re: Lego Press Release - Imitation products destroyed
Newsgroups:
lugnet.mediawatch
Date:
Thu, 18 Nov 2004 17:08:34 GMT

Bryan & All,

Found on http://www.lego.com/eng/info/ .

"Last year, the customs authorities in Finland seized a large consignment of
copy products in transit between China and Russia. There were 54,514 sets -
totalling 10.5 tons of imitation productions - all of them blatant copies of
LEGO products but marketed under the Enlighten brand name."

http://www.lego.com/eng/info/default.asp?page=pressdetail&contentid=13026&countrycode=2057

Heh - if you look at the last picture within the grinder, you can see a copy
Maersk truck. I also saw the newer Coastal Patrol Harbor there, with the
Dolphins. Pretty sad.

Shifty indeed.

Scott Sanburn