 MediaWatch / 1596
1595  |  1597
Subject:
12-foot bridge built in 2 hours on live TV
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.mediawatch
Date:
Thu, 30 Sep 2004 15:22:39 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

In July 2004, I was contacted by Nicole Fox, one of the hosts of “Your Morning on CN8”, a live morning show based out of Philadelphia. We decided it would be fun to build a model of Philadelphia’s Ben Franklin Bridge on the Delaware River waterfront, underneath the real bridge.

Read all about it on MOCpages. (21 photos)

I was VERY fortunate that everything went according to plan! I spent a day or so prebuilding things like small stacks of 1x2s or “beams” of 2x4s, but the rest of the model was built during the two hours during the show. Nicole helped build a lot of the super structure and the suspension cables. I also recruited the help of my fiancee, as well as a friend who lives in the area.

All in all, it was loads of fun! :)

Sean
http://www.mocpages.com/home.php/1