 MediaWatch / 1341 (-10)
  Lego changes strategy

I read in the paper today (URL) the director of lego is fired, as he should change it from a negative business to a positive, which (he) has failed. He is fires and Kjeld Kirk Kristiansen will take over, and lego will "go back to the brick", no more (...) (21 years ago, 8-Jan-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.mediawatch)

  Wonder where the head came from?

(URL) think they must be part of a giant figure store thing. Calum (21 years ago, 8-Jan-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.mediawatch)

  Chrysler "Lego-look-alike" Jeep

(URL) times the words 'lego-look-alike" appears in the article. Though, to me, the picture shown looks nothing like the 8466, if, indeed, that's what it is suppose to look like. Dave K (21 years ago, 5-Jan-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: TLC Clean Sweep

(...) Ouch. Yeah that's an even more brutal show for the Lego collector to be on than While you were Out or Trading Spaces. However, I have to wonder about how into the brick he was then. For example, my wife's said that she'd love to have them do (...) (21 years ago, 5-Jan-04, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  TLC Clean Sweep

Just when you thought it was safe to return to cable television, TLC's Clean Sweep show (I think they come out and clean your house and reduce your clutter) had a contestant who liked to collect Lego. One of the hosts had a Technic Battle Droid in (...) (21 years ago, 5-Jan-04, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Cheaper by the Dozen - 2 Sightings

Just got back from celebrating my sons 10th b-day. I spotted Lego in 2 scenes. One of the kids had an Insectoids insect and there was also a blue bucket way in the background of a different scene. Julie (21 years ago, 31-Dec-03, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: LEGO wobbles as Star Wars and Harry Potter sales tumble

(...) I had to look up the word 'sop' but no I don't think that's what it is. I'm pretty sure it's just the work of some marketing guy. :) (...) Well... I am pretty sure I'm glad you didn't flame me. :) (1) And to clarify (whilst agreeing with you) (...) (21 years ago, 31-Dec-03, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: LEGO wobbles as Star Wars and Harry Potter sales tumble

(...) Either that or it's a sop to us. :-) ++Lar (thought about "flaming" Allan about the whole concept/product thing but realised I totally agree with him... kids (the major market, so they keep telling us) buy products, not concepts. Only (...) (21 years ago, 31-Dec-03, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: LEGO wobbles as Star Wars and Harry Potter sales tumble

(...) So what is behind the ages on the Designer sets? The high number is 99. Does this mean that certain LEGO product lines are good for life, but others have a limited appeal? :) (...) Yes. Allan B. (21 years ago, 31-Dec-03, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: LEGO wobbles as Star Wars and Harry Potter sales tumble

In lugnet.mediawatch, Allan Bedford wrote: (URL) A couple things in the first article really worried me: (...) This is disturbing, but I had two thoughts about this: first, most of the time when a company issues a statement, it's a public company (...) (21 years ago, 31-Dec-03, to lugnet.mediawatch)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact