 MediaWatch / 1331 (-10)
  Re: LEGO wobbles as Star Wars and Harry Potter sales tumble

(...) I got these links in my Google news alert today. I was saddened to read this. (...) I totally agree. With the release of the Designer sets it felt like a really great year. I just hope they don't get into one of those cycles where low sales (...) (21 years ago, 30-Dec-03, to lugnet.mediawatch, FTX)

  Re: LEGO wobbles as Star Wars and Harry Potter sales tumble

(...) I can't cite the cite at the moment but I seem to recall hearing that in the US, toy sales were projected to be down 7% overall for the holiday season, while electronics and gadgetry were up double digits. Could be a faulty memory though. (...) (21 years ago, 30-Dec-03, to lugnet.mediawatch, FTX)

  Re: Bullets over Bionicle

(...) not the seals on the set were intact. I've always wondered why most of the Wal-Marts have the sporting goods section, including guns/ammunition, right next to the toy section. Erik (21 years ago, 30-Dec-03, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Bullets over Bionicle

Hello all, Has anyone else heard of this incident or LEGO's repsonse to it? Some kid found .22 caliber bullets in his Bionicle set, bought from Wal-mart. (URL) (21 years ago, 30-Dec-03, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: NPR's Morning Edition: Broken Toys

(...) That was a cute story - thanks for the link! When I worked at the Imagination Center there were people who would shake the boxes and ask "do they have to build this?" I'd say "No, they GET to build it..." <grin> JohnG, GMLTC (21 years ago, 30-Dec-03, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  NPR's Morning Edition: Broken Toys

I heard this on NPR on 12/26. It is a brief piece talking about calls to customer service centers on the day after Christmas. One of the people they talk to is a LEGO Customer Service rep with a cute story about one of her favorite calls. (...) (21 years ago, 30-Dec-03, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: LEGO wobbles as Star Wars and Harry Potter sales tumble

From the articles - Poul Plougmann told the Danish newspaper Boersen the trend this year had been "unexpectedly bad, nearly catastrophic", although full Christmas sales figures were not yet known and could push the company into a recovery. OUCH! (...) (21 years ago, 30-Dec-03, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: While You Were Out on TLC ("LEGOS")

(...) Yeah, but why do you care? Well, Scott, since you work for Lego retail, that's another issue, but for most people, standing up for someone else's marketing/branding program is silly. I honestly don't care if someone uses the term "Legos". (...) (21 years ago, 30-Dec-03, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  LEGO wobbles as Star Wars and Harry Potter sales tumble

(URL) predicting 2003 sales losses> Similar article at (URL) The Australian Financial Review> That's too bad - it seemed to me like 2003 was a good year, I certainly bought more than in a long time. -Kevin (21 years ago, 30-Dec-03, to lugnet.mediawatch, FTX) !

  LEGO toys at AMC Theatres this month...

I can see the floors of the theaters now just covered in sticky goo and LEGO elements....ewwwww AMC Theatres and the LEGO Company Team up for Unique Integrated Promotion; Key Elements Include On-Screen Advertising, Lobby Displays, and a Free LEGO (...) (21 years ago, 27-Dec-03, to lugnet.mediawatch, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact