 MediaWatch / 1306 (-5)
  Re: While You Were Out on TLC

I would like to say a few words about a couple of things in this thread. I think the push to not use the word "LEGOS" comes directly from old catalogs from the 1970s and 80s. They use to have a paragraph at the end of the last page from Susan (...) (21 years ago, 22-Dec-03, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: While You Were Out on TLC

(...) I was waiting for this to come up. I know I have disappeared to all but a lurker this last year (I was one of the top 50 noisemakers of 2002) but I still read. Some know I co-run (URL) BrickBros>, which nicely complitments my hobby. Anyway, (...) (21 years ago, 22-Dec-03, to lugnet.mediawatch, FTX)

  Re: While You Were Out on TLC ("LEGOS")

(...) Not militant, merely persnickety. One's bad, the other's a charming quirk. See how that works? :-) (...) He was mayor of Carmel CA (I think it was Carmel, I know it was somewhere in CA), so he has a little experience. Also he's made vaguely (...) (21 years ago, 22-Dec-03, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: While You Were Out on TLC ("LEGOS")

(...) Not being a fuddy duddy...take your Marketing 101. When a brand name is repeated several times, the brand name tends to be associated with any product that is similar (i.e. the term "Xerox"...Xerox made the first copy machine...so instead of (...) (21 years ago, 22-Dec-03, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: While You Were Out on TLC ("LEGOS")

(...) Well, not to split hairs any more than we have to....but isn't AFOL's amisguided plural as well? Sure, AFOL= Adult Fan Of Lego....it may be too difficult to split the acronym, but, technically speaking, AFOL's == Adult Fans Of Lego. 8---) Mike (21 years ago, 22-Dec-03, to lugnet.mediawatch)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact